Negotiating Tips

I know that this has been talked about a lot on this forum but I just wanted to ask again. I am currently looking for a lease and like many others, I am trying to get the best deal. My plan of attack has been to get all the info from Edmunds and putting it into the calculator with the selling price of invoice. After getting the XXX number I ask a dealership for a quote then I counter saying that at invoice I should be at XXX but they never get there. I know this does is not the magic number but I have not even gotten anything close to the calculator. I have emailed every single Honda dealership in my state and never got close to the calculator number. Where am I going wrong? Am I asking for too much at invoice? Kind of losing hope. Please let me know if you have any tips! Thanks!

Invoice should be trivial to get beyond for most hondas.

First major question is if you’re using the calculator correctly.

After that, stop using invoice as a target. Base your numbers off of other deals you’ve researched.

This times x10000.

We don’t even know what car the OP is talking about. A Civic EX? Getting it at invoice is a bad deal. A Civic Type-R? Good luck getting it for $5k over sticker.

1 Like

That’s another way to look it. I will do that then. Thank you!

A Civic Si, but now I’m leaning towards a Civic hatchback sport

You wouldn’t be the first person to use the calculator incorrectly and then approach a dealer with wildly inaccurate numbers

Neither should be an issue going under invoice. Although times are weird right now.

That would be hilarious lol, I assure you I am not. I even double checked YouTube tutorials to make sure.

Post a link to your calculation.

I’m really surprised a dealer wouldn’t jump at a deal at invoice.

1 Like

You can’t get any dealer to give you 6.9% off a Civic? You are in MI? Maybe you should hire @Benedetto.

2 Likes

Thank you for all your help! I’ll look into that.

I can probably find you a MSRP type R deal, but you’re gonna have to ship it from Alaska.

Waste of money. Any dealer in the state would jump all over this deal. Just last week my Honda sales guy was trying to throw a civic at me at double this discount. I have no idea what the OP is talking about or what he’s doing.

It took a bit, but I was able to get a dealer to get 680$ below invoice. Signed three days ago!

1 Like