Negotiate on top of Audi Costco Incentive?

Hey all, new to the forum and learning a lot. I had a few quick questions:

1. Regarding the new audi costco incentive… in people’s past experience or knowledge of this, can you negotiate an additional MSRP discount on top of this discount? If so, I might really start looking hard at SQ5’s (over my current fav (x3 m40i).

2. How does tax work in lease take-overs? Does the seller get any kind of tax rebate if tax was fully paid up front for the entire lease period? For the buyer, is tax something that has to be paid on the remainder of the lease balance (fyi - I’m in GA where tax for leases is generally paid in full up front on the total lease payments)

Thanks!

Audi transfers mean the original leasee retains full responsibility, the worst kind of transfer other than no transfers.

Tax wise, for transfers* sorry, had to clarify, NY taxes in the same way and requires upfront payment of tax on remaining payments. Can’t comment for Georgia.

So basically only transfer to trustworthy close friends and family.

If you trust your friends and family to make the lease payment every month :slight_smile:

Basically do not transfer, ESPECIALLY to friends and family :wink:

9 Likes

I am also curiosity how this Costco incentive works for dealer? Do they get some incentives from Costco/Audi? Is there a way to know how much they get?