Need help with negotiating lease - 2021 Mazda CX30 Premium

Unless there’s evidence to the contrary, no reason to assume it will get meaningfully better.

Most cars do not lease well. They do not have the programs (RV, MF and incentives) to be good candidates for lease-hacking, regardless of what dealer discount you can negotiate. This is truer now than it has ever been. Which means you cannot start your search with a particular car or cars in mind, and then find a way to make them lease well.

It will be like pushing a boulder uphill while pulling teeth, and you’ll still probably have a bad deal in the end. You need to start your search by filtering only the vehicles that are leasing well right now and offer good value per dollar.

Check out the “Share a Deal” and “Marketplace” sections of LH forums to decide what’s leasing well and pick a vehicle that is already proven to offer good value.

Remember, there are no magic wands that can save a deal from poor programs (RV, MF, and incentives) and/or poor discounts.

Thank you. It’s a little difficult because I have a small parking space and no additional areas to park. I can only go with a car that’s up to 71" wide, otherwise I literally won’t be able to get out of my car (and 71" is pushing it).

But I’ll take a look at what’s leasing well and see if there’s something that’ll fit and budget better.

There is very little more useless than the manufacturer’s lease offers for evaluating a deal.

There is only one good option here for evaluating the deal… go to the 2nd post in this thread and follow the steps, in detail.

Once you have a target offer at the end, then and only then you can think about what the dealer is offering.

1 Like

May also want to consider buying something.

If things remain the same you’re looking at $27,000+ in 64 payments over 66 months. Not including any lease-end charges.

If you financed a car over 60-66 months you’d be free & clear around the same time frame and all the equity would be yours.

Good luck w/ that (I mean that genuinely). I have a similar issue, and it was a motivating force behind my decision to get a Golf. Cars have gotten exponentially wider over time, so finding a narrow car is really tough nowadays (as I’m sure you know).

I thought a Corolla Cross would be a natural substitute but it’s too wide.

A Kia Soul squeezes in at 70.9”

1 Like

Yea, I’m considering this except it’s harder to negotiate a lower price. There isn’t a financinghackr website, is there?

I even considered going out of state to get a car, but then when you bring it back to CA you get taxed, so it’s not much better.

And the first Mazda dealership I went to was trying to get me in a 4.5% APR loan at something crazy like $700/month thanks to chip shortages.

The basic fundamentals are exactly the same.

You need to stop talking monthly payments with the dealers.

1 Like

No one here wants to go under MSRP to sell a car, so I don’t know how to get a good deal on one. At best, I’m going to get MSRP+taxes+fees.

I was also going to post that as a suggestion and then looked up the specs. SUV (or SUV-like things) can be unnecessarily large. The VW Taos is actually wider a Tiguan (!!!).

But even a Civic is nearly 71"! And the new Golf and A3 are also about the width.

Oh, I hadn’t thought about the Soul. But perhaps OP really likes the Mazda.

1 Like

Honda Fit (have to find one used) or HRv
hyundai venue
Kia rio
Buick Encore
Nissan Kicks
Chevy Trax

https://www.motortrend.com/features/smallest-suvs-photos-specs/

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.