Need help with making sense of dealer's quote

Hi All,

My first post.

I have been leasing 2018 Audi A4 for 550. I think I am paying high because I did not discover leasehackr in time. Anyways my lease is up in December this year and I wanted to know if I can turn in the A4 this month and go for 2021 A5 to take advantage of costco offer. So I asked for the dealer to quote me on an 2021 A5 and this is the quote he sent.

Does the ridiculous lease offer of 937/month is because I am returning the vehicle early ?

Thanks

I dont know what state youre in, but I just leased an A5 coupe for 650 including tax with zero DAS WITHOUT Costco in SoCal . This deal sounds bad, but tough to say without knowing more info like MF/RV for your are.

Edit: This deal was through a broker.

Not enough info to go off of. What’s msrp? Dealer discount? RV? MF? It looks like theres no discount. You’re $1,000 negative that tacks on about $30 a month. Get appraisals from carvana and vroom. Reach out to a broker.

Don’t complicate your deals with a trade until you understand the rest of the deal structure, and even then make sure you have multiple quotes for your current car.

How is 2% off MSRP for dealer discount PLUS any incentives “taking advantage of Costco”? :slight_smile:

It’s worse than that… They’re showing $1250 rebate/discount. That isn’t a discount, that is costco.

1 Like

And that is conveniently (almost) entirely absorbed by the negative equity on the trade.

You have about 8 months left to go on your existing lease. As for the deal you are being offered, it is awful. The dealer is not giving you any discount off MSRP. They are applying the Costco rebate as a discount. As stated earlier, your trade is making the deal even worse.

Apart from Costco, why the rush to get into a new car?

The only thing getting taken advantage of in this deal is the dealer taking advantage of you.

You are essentially trading in your car for a wash and paying full MSRP for a new one, plus most likely a MF markup if I had to guess.

If you have ~$1k negative equity then it makes zero sense to trade in early to “take advantage” of a $1250 Costco rebate.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I wanted to know if the dealer is treating my current lease as trade-in because I am turning it in early. I will just wait till December.

Audi does do a pull ahead program sometimes. I received a notice in the mail last month about a 3 month pull ahead from Audi Financial Services. Either way, it is better to wait.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.