Need help with leasing 2020 Hyundai Tucson ultimate AWD

Hi Everyone,
My car got totaled and I am in the immediate market for a 2020 Hyundai Tucson ultimate AWD.

For some reason I cant get logged into the Edmund’s forum to get residuals amd MF. I need numbers for 36/15 for February 2020 in central NJ. What would be a good deal on this car?

Thanks.

I’d recommend creating a new account to get on the Edmunds forums. Search the marketplace on here and look at broker provided Hyundai deals to give yourself an idea. Not sure the Tucson is going to make a very good lease. Good luck!

You may have to wait a day or two. The month just started today and it will take time for everyone to have numbers populated.

Report back here after getting info from Edmunds forums

Can someone please give me some input/feedback on this deal? I am new to leasing and the lease hacker forum.

See calculator Link Below. My actual payment came out to be $210. What is a good Leasehackr score? First time leasing so I am looking to learn and do better in 3 years from now.

The dealership said they lost money on this deal. Do you think that is true?

Thank You.

Only $1,800 discount? That’s it?

Yes, $1,800 off MSRP. $1,800 Down. $2,500 in Incentives / Promos. They monthly payment started at $236 and I got it down to $210 after a long while. My goal was $200.

How could I have gotten the deal that I want? How to do you get the monthly payment down without putting down more money?

What is a good Lease Hacker Score?

Is the money factored negotiable? I think that .00140 was high based on other deals I have seen on this site.

Thank You!

You have to qualify for more incentives and/or negotiate a larger discount.

A post-sale rebate from BonusDrive might bring your total cost down by $500

The LH score is irrelevant.

Doesn’t matter how it compares to other deals on this site. Matters how it compares to buy rate, which is set by the bank for the specific vehicle, and isn’t negotiable. The first step when you start looking at new vehicles is to always get rv/MF/incentives from Edmunds, so you know where youre starting at.

If the LH calculator score is irrelevant then why do they have it? I was under the assumption that the score indicates how good / bad your deal is in order to hack a lease and get the best deal possible.

Some dealership that I was in, got mad as I was using the LH calculator on my laptop while we were negotiating saying that the calculator is broken and those deals are impossible to come by. I found 1 dealer out of 5 willing to play ball.

Very new to leasing in general so just trying to learn and provide helpful info the community.

Thanks.

Thanks for cleaning that up for me.

The LH score has very limited application when you personally are comparing deals on two very similar vehicles (like two of the same car with slightly different options). Things like regional incentives, what you qualify for, how much money you put up front can all make huge changes in the score but not actually reflect if something is a good deal or not. There isn’t a specific value that represents a good deal. It varies wildly.

Ultimately, the best way to evaluate a specific deal is to compare the pre-incentive discount, adjusted for buy rate MF, to other deals you have researched.

There is no reason to be using the LH calculator at the dealership as you should have already negotiated the deal and had the numbers in writing before you ever stepped through the door. Negotiate your deals from home.

@LeasaLeasa and @Papnou40 you should reach out to Allie @NurseAl for Hyundai help in NJ.

2 Likes

Happy to help with a Hyundai deal! Please PM me @LeasaLeasa and @Papnou40

Would have to prob wait until later this month as we open up…

1 Like

any update? did you lease?
im currently looking to lease a 2020 Hyundai Tucson ultimate AWD with $0 down myself…

a 2020 tucson ultimate 0 down would be in the mid 3s without a doubt. how much money are you putting to get 210 a month on a awd tucson. I worked with Hyundai for past 2 years and never seen a tucson ultimate in the passed couple years be in low 2s in years lol. what dealer is this in nj?

@NurseAl Would like some Broker help leasing a 2020 Hyundai Tucson ultime AWD please contact me at 19174785515.