Need help with a GM lease

So its time, well about a month away from returning the wifes buick encore. She would like another buick encore, only one that has remote start, and thats it. She has yet to do the inspection, or talk to the dealer, but we wonā€™t go over miles at turn in, but its close.

I donā€™t think we will have any issues with the inspection, though she plans on getting it professionally detailed (to the tune of over $100) because she is nervous about it.

Anyways, back to the matter at hand. We are trying to find her another similar car, no need for more than 10k per year on the miles, 3 year. We would like to find a $0 DAS lease if possible.

These arenā€™t the most expensive car, so the other option would be to find one used off the lot, and just buy it. I worry sometimes about buying someone else problems, but the budget dictates a $200/month (after everything) price point. They show deals on these things all the time on tv, but for some reason or another, we just arenā€™t good enough to get one or something.

So if anyone has some info or could point me in the direction of a salesperson that could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

If it matters, we live in SE michigan, and the current lease is up november 10th.

You are completely wasting your money detailing a GMF lease return. I am also in SE MI and would be happy to take your $100 :grin: Our last return was a Silverado that hadnā€™t been washed in months, was caked with clay mud, and had several dents/scratches. The interior was digusting, filled with dog hair and hadnā€™t been detailed in months. $0 charges. Read the lease guide and have it inspected by AutoVIN.

Hereā€™s a very relevant thread for you:

A new Encore lease in MI under $200/mo is definitely doable with GMS, borderline with supplier/educator/etc. Donā€™t forget the Costco incentive.

FWIW I would never ever ever ever ever in a billion years purchase a rapidly depreciating GM product.

1 Like

Thanks for the information. What is AutoVIN? She has received a call from someone and was going to call them back today to setup an appointment for an inspection, I think at the dealer she got it from?

As for discounts, I do get the GM supplier discount. If there is a friends one that is better, we could ask her daughters husbands brother (lol) who works at GM.

As far as not buying a depreciating product, I understand what you are saying. We both work, and both need cars and this is coming up fast on us due to some unforeseen personal crap. So she needs a car. She likes this ā€œsizeā€ one, and doesnā€™t have time to haggle around or come up with a large downpayment.

We donā€™t have a costco membership, but my parents do if that could help in any way.

https://www.gmfinancial.com/en-us/customer-center/lease-customers/lease-end/get-inspected.html

Have you gotten any quotes on the new car yet?

:point_up_2:t2::point_up_2:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

If you are worried about a used car being someone elseā€™s problem, you definitely donā€™t want to buy one of these things that will ever be out of warranty.

The quotes I had got were when we were 7 or 8 months out and trying to get a buyout. I donā€™t even have them anymore.

Ok, so we contacted AutoVin last night to schedule an appointment. They are requesting the car to be cleaned beforehand?

I told my wife to take it to Jax and have them wash/vacuum it, but still hasnā€™t got rid of her concerns.

Do we really need to clean it? If its not clean will the autovin guys not inspect it?

1 Like

Cheap car wash is fine theyā€™re looking for dents and cigarette burns in interior.

Another question. Old car came with all weather floor mats. Will they look for those as well? Or can we keep those for the new car?