Need help so I don't get ripped off

Hatchback body style has nothing to do with snow performance, I just have a preference to hatchbacks and seems OP is okay with that considering they’re looking at cross-overs.

Everything new now has turbo-powered engines.

OP is either stuck buying used or leasing something with little power to deal with steep inclines.

Method to the madness. :slight_smile:

It was attempt it or sit in line for 3 hours to get up the main road hill. A camaro was driving up the main road got stuck and took up all the lanes. Took me 3 hours for what usually takes 30 mins. I know others who took 7 hours to go shorter distances. His LR4 was pretty old with not great tires, from what I could see, but him telling me I couldn’t made me want to do it more (instinctual drive as I’m extremely competitive).

And i knew if anyone had a chance of getting up it would be a Jeep. I wouldn’t have tried it in our Volvo.

Fair enough - stupid camaro driver lol

I am aware that Quattro Ultra is an Active system intended to save fuel economy. It’s been out a few years now which is why I’m always careful at looking at Quattro cars and not Quattro Ultra.

the street I took put me out me out right in front of him. I offered to tow him with a cable and he wouldn’t do it cause according to him “it will damage my car” in the mean time he has traffic backed up miles.

It’s not that people shouldn’t drive in snow. The problem is the people at work who get out and the roads are all covered in snow and they have cars that may not be ideal for that weather without snow tires. They get stuck on inclines and it backs up everything.

Then you should recommend Impreza hatch :slight_smile:

I am a huge fan of the way the impreza hatch looks… I hate the 150 hp engine in the front for a symmetrical AWD system :(.

The CVT isn’t doing it any favors, either.

I saw a guy yesterday in an older Sylvia or similar car…furiously spinning his tires. It was in a T intersection (thankfully he was in the lane furthest away from the rest of traffic) but I have no idea how he got from his origin to that point. It was around 7PM, not even the beginning of the snow storm. It was almost flat too…just a little bit of an incline.

The pedestrian next to me said, “If he catches traction, either he’ll be wrapped around this lamp post or we’re all going to die”

aka 200sx?

After he said I’m going to damage his car i think our conversation was done. He was a very “Jersey” guy who wasn’t taking help from anybody.

It just sucks for everyone else on the hill who is now unable to get going again. It was definitely a hill for 4x4s it AWDs with snows.

Yeah one of those cars bought by people with drifting fantasies.

1 Like

Thanks vhooloo. All the tacomas my dealer sells are 4x4. Feel free to message me for a quote. We won’t be at $200 but very close for a base model Tacoma

If I had to deal with winter, I think I’d have an old Tacoma in the garage for hauling junk and snow days. I have a soft spot for the 2000’s one in ‘British Racing Green’ :wink:

1 Like

I preferred Marty McFly’s 85 SR5 myself

2 Likes

A wrangler? TJ? Cherokee??

A JKU was my first car then I got a 2014 WK2 when I leaned to lease which ended up being a lemon. Went to a 4Runner and now back in a 2017 WK2 with a Hemi and that’s what I drive in the snow. We have another JKU now too.

Ok, first rule of Jeep club. Never call Wrangler a ‘car’. :slight_smile:

I went from 07 JK to 06 TJ. Had to part ways due to family changes.

Now I understand why u were so confident. WK2 hemi is beast!!!

1 Like