Need help evaluating a Macan Turbo lease. Thank you

I need help evaluating this lease offer for a newly configured Macan Turbo. I can’t seem to find the buy rate for the car anywhere online, though it looks bad. TIA!

Macan Turbo (2020 or 2021 depending on allocation)
MSRP $108k
3% Discount
Price $105,400
MF: 0.00260
Residual: 58%
5k down
License Fee $1250
Acquisition Fee $1095
Doc Fee $150

3Y lease
10k/year
1700+tax
OR
12k/yr
1725+tax

Sounds like a terrible deal at first glance. Although Porsche does not have a history of leasing well and they are repeatedly ranked as the brand with the #1 least discounted vehicles by brand each year. You could be in an Aston Martin for that payment. You could be in any competing model (GLC/GLE AMG, X5M, Stelvio Quadrifoglio, etc.) for less

1 Like

… I don’t know what to say…

2 Likes

does it logically make sense to pay $65k for a $108k car over 3 years and then not own the car at the end? just buy the damn thing.

14 Likes

Welcome to LH. Looks like you’ve got a lot to read/learn.

Start here: https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/59118/porsche/macan/2020-macan-mf-rv-incentives

2 Likes

Is this real? Only 3% discount? And lease a macan turbo for 1750 a month? Why?

2 Likes

^^^^

Sometimes I think people just shitpost awful structures (not a bad deal, just a car that doesn’t lease well) to get reactions.

4 Likes

THANK YOU everyone for your responses! I’m here to learn. I have not accepted anything at this point. Just doing research. And yes, agree that this looks like a lousy deal :slight_smile: But, I want to be methodical in picking it apart and finding the best way to pay for it. Thanks ‘calbear’ for the pointer - not sure if you’re from Berkeley - but if so Go Bears :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cal Alum here #GoBears

1 Like

Roll on you bears

2 Likes

Chalk, what are you looking for, a GLS 450, something fast, something practical, something luxury???

If you want luxury, there is a GLS 450 in Central PA that has a massive discount, Sun Motor Cars has one 24k off MSRP of 90k (Loaner fart). if you want fast, talk to ethanjlr or Aronchi or NYCLIFE for that., and if you want practical, maybe a T8 Volvo XC90, or something like that. Porsche does not lease well, people here have hounded that. The residuals aren’t terrible like Alfa, but discounts are make believe.

You are better off getting a good BMW X5M deal then going with this, or for that level of payment, you could get a terrible deal (in comparison) on a Model X from Tesla, or an Aston Martin payment, throw a bit more in per month and 15k DAS (Includes tax), you can get a Rolls Royce Ghost.

Also read the WIki, it’s helpful, and helped me negotiate a few leases for family in the last few weeks. Got my first hacked lease from Quentin on the 31st, and now have hacked a GLS 450 for my dad’s co-worker.