Need advice - VW Tiguan 2020 Buyout

Hi All

Just seeking some advice on my current around whether to buy out my VW Tiguan 2020. My lease is coming to an end next month and it looks like I have some positive equity in my Tiguan. Milage is 35k and is the 2020 SE model in white, got it valued at around $22.5k last week through Kelley BB. Volkswagen have a similar model on their pre owned section of the website for just under 25k too! My purchase option is $15k plus fees. VW low balled me last week by offering me $1200 equity to put towards a new Tiguan, monthly fees for the 36/10 were up by like 200 dollars pm from my current lease, which was expected.

Has anyone has any luck with 3rd party buyouts with VW credit?

Should I get a price from other VW dealerships? Can I trade in at Audi?

Thanks!

AFAIK, VW doesn’t allow 3rd party buyouts.

Good to know, thanks!

Some Audi’s will take the VW, and some Non VW related ones can also like Autonation, Hoffman or Harte or other big chains.

They do, but they charge a higher price to 3rd party dealers.

Has it changed recently? When I looked at the VW website today, it has the following:

Current Customers (and then “Show More” FAQs).

When they talk about third parties like that, theyre referring to private parties, not dealers.

Ahhh… Got it.

While a different time in the car market, I was in a similar situation last year with my wifes 2019 Tiguan SE lease. There was equity and the buyout was around $16k and she already knew she was buying a Jeep. We contacted a few VW dealers in the area and told them we were only looking to sell the car, nothing else. Dealer up the block was interested, brought it in and walked out with a $6.5k equity check. Couldnt have been happier.

3 Likes

Check these in case your post-tax equity from selling to the highest bidder on the open market is better than what vw or Audi dealers are offering

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.