Need advice - Sell or keep my 2020 Tundra?

I currently have a 2020 Tundra that I leased back in October. Of course since then the market has gone crazy and the value of the truck has gone up substantially. My gross cap cost was $45,738 and I have gotten many offers much higher than that. Vroom was the highest at $49,400. I am not sure what my payoff is as the lease is through Ally and they will apparently only provide the payoff to a dealer but being as my cap cost is significantly lower I’m assuming I have at least $4,500 in equity. I have also driven much more than I typically do over the last 6 months and currently have 11,000 miles on the truck. It’s a 36/10k lease and my payment is $364 including tax.

Here is my dilemma:
Being as I have significant equity in the truck and am over mileage by quite a bit I am tempted to take the money and run. If I do this I will then of course be forced to find a new lease in this crazy market. What is leasing well right now? I prefer to drive a truck but good deals on them seem hard to come by. I have seen other vehicles that seem to be leasing well (BMW 3 series, Jeep Wrangler, etc.) but am not sure I could get anything decent under about $450 per month. What would you do if you were in my shoes? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I doubt there’s that much equity since dealer pay off is usually couple grand over yours. Plus you will not find anything in that price range any more so I would just ride this out.

Call Ally financial and tell them you are Jason Bourne calling from Damon Honda. They don’t ask anything more than that other than the name of the lease holder. They will give you the dealer 3rd party payoff. Just did this last week with my Toyota RAV4 and was shocked that my pay off and Ally payoff were the same

6 Likes

So I just called and pretended to be a dealer. That was fun. Payoff is $45,475.00

1 Like

2 Likes

If you login into your Ally online-there is a “Manage Account” button on top right-click on it and you can “request a quote” so you can compare yours vs whatever they gave you as dealers payoff

Those options usually go away when the vehicle is registered in FL since the buy out has to go through a dealer.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.