Need advice re: Discount on '22 BMW M850I Convertible

I think the competition package is included on 22 that’s the reason for the lower Mrsp

1 Like

It’s safe to assume your discount on the car is being reduced by the total of those 5 payments. Dealers aren’t brazen enough to just add it on top of your new payment. They’re clever that way.

2 Likes

Hey ApexHunt,
Yes - for some reason when I created the post, CO was not available in the list of tags…

trism,
This is a great point and definitely something to consider! Thank you.

1 Like

Hi jay3,

Yes - I think you have a valid point here.

I’m going to circle back with the dealer today to see if there is any further negotiation room.

There is about zero chance of positive equity on a 2018 M550 lease trade in at residual plus 5 payments unless it has next to nothing for miles…

A M850i Competition? He’s not looking at an M8.

Hi Bismark,
I leased my car @ 15K miles/year for 36 months but only have 25K miles on it as of now.

Correct - not looking at M8 comp, looking at M850 Convertible.

It’s highly unlikely that the remaining 5 payments are not being rolled into your new car. Maybe run it past Carvana/Carmax to be sure, I can’t imagine that true wholesale value of it is more than $43K range. Your residual is likely a couple of grand higher than that (just a guess), and there are 5 payments on top of that.

Man, everyone here is awesome. I’ve been lurking on Leasehackr for years and I learn something new from the discussions here all the time. Wish I could buy a round for the contributors for all the help they have provided to the community.

Thanks again everyone - sounds like my best option is to wait until my lease is almost up and begin working with a broker on what is available then. Probably means a significantly reduced model year 21 stock, but maybe slightly higher incentives on '22 in stock or custom orders…

1 Like

As an FYI, my M550 was one of the most highly optioned cars in the U.S. when I leased it - MSRP was just over $96,000.

Buy out per my lease contract is currently set at $52K.

I am confused. Right now you have an offer for the 2022 with the dealer taking your m550 early? How does that offer compare to what you can get on the 2021’s?

Why does it matter what the dealer is doing with the 550 if you already know what the final payment is?

Edit - - I missed the post that the 2022 is $259 a month higher than the 2021. But I am guessing the 2022 includes your 550? How much money would your 5 payments add to the 2021 lease?

Hey chrisj6565,

The remaining 5 months worth of payments on my current M550 = $3,825

Now, for anyone paying attention, - I know what you’re thinking. How can a $96K car have a monthly lease payment of $765? While I got a good discount on the car, I also put a lot of money down. And I know, I know - conventional thinking says not to do that. That was 3 years ago for me…

So effectively you are paying $153 more to get into a 2022 today. It would be cheaper to lease the 2021 and keep the 550 for 5 months. This doesn’t even include the down payment you put down.

I believe you are correct and after all the dialogue in this thread, I have reached the same conclusion.

Thank you - appreciate the advice!

1 Like

FYI, just sent you an inquiry form. :+1:

I believe you can simply terminate a BMW lease with no penalty if you’re within 120 days of the actual termination date. I’ve done this with 2 recent BMW leases.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.