Need advice on leasing Lexus IS 300 f sport

Oh lovely. I’m starting to see my price disappear :sweat_smile:

Now that I have some pretty accurate numbers im going to head to the dealer tonight. I am going to shoot for 12% dealer discount and hope I can get it. I am going to stick to my numbers. It looks possible to get $400 for my monthly. Wish me luck! thank you all for the help.

Updated calculator with accurate doc, gov fees and tax. CCR monies applied as MSD instead.

Listen to what everyone is trying to tell you.

1 Like

@Danhouse18 If that fells reach out to a broker.

So ended up not getting a deal but something crazy happened!! I got LOCKED inside the dealership parking lot. I went back to my car and was putting address into GPS and everyone left. I couldn’t leave so I had to call the police and the owner showed up an hour later to unlock it. Maybe I should call back for a deal?

1 Like

What was the last offer from the dealer?

$499 36/12 with 2000 DAS. I’m an idiot and didn’t know this dealer was a Lexus +. Didn’t even know that was a thing. There wasn’t any negotiation possible

I have no idea what that is either and I have helped a relative get a Lexus in 2018.

New here so not sure if I am allowed to link but there is at least one broker in the Marketplace area of this site advertising Lexus prices for the mid atlantic region although you may have to go to Maryland to pick it up (quarantine and all!) You may want to see what his prices are. Have not looked at reviews and no idea if he is advertising your model as I decided I did not want to spend on a Lexus. Good Luck

1 Like

Not sure why you expected the dealer to agree to your terms just 'cos you walked into the dealership. The deal should have been finalized via phone or email. You only walk in once you and the dealer are in agreement with the numbers.

Next time, listen to the advice of those trying to help you

I was not disregarding advice given to me one bit. I read the forum about negotiating over email and a lot of people had mixed messages about it. Some said dealers wont even send quotes over emails. Some said it was better to just go in person while knowing the numbers. Therefore I followed what people said. I am very appreciative of the time and help everyone here has given me. Anyways, after being locking inside the dealership parking lot for nearly 2 hours, I plan to call back and see if they’re willing to cut me a deal after having to call the cops to get out of their parking lot.

If a dealer won’t send a quote via email, find one that will.

Not sure who you are referring to, but I would never recommend walking into a dealership to negotiate numbers.

You did not follow the advice of those of us telling you your initial offer was a bad deal, and not bother wasting your time negotiating in person.

Good luck.

I’m sorry, I am going to send out a few emails right now and try it this way. You are right, I should be listening to the experts.

A lot of Lexus dealers in smaller markets are part of the Lexus + program. It’s basically a no haggle pricing structure. The “lowest” price for everyone is listed on the car. So if you’re looking to negotiate dealer discount don’t go to a Lexus + dealer. This is something Lexus launched a few years ago I believe. I’m in the Dallas area so no Lexus dealers here are Lexus + …but I think it’s pretty common in smaller markets.

Yup, I had no idea that was even a thing until I went to this dealer. Surprised that his actually works for these dealers.

It wouldn’t work in competitive markets like Texas where there are many Lexus dealers. I guess that’s why they put them in smaller less competitive markets. Makes it seem easy to the consumer so that the customer will focus more on the Lexus buying experience.

Ah makes sense, i’m surprised because I went to the Lexus dealer is Allentown PA which is famous for the “auto mile”. Theres tons of dealers right there, just not many Lexus dealers…

Exactly…I doubt there are many Lexus dealers in that area. Hence Lexus + … I have 4 in the Dallas area. Although 2 companies operate 2 stores each. There are about 15 Lexus stores in Texas so there’s plenty of competition.

1 Like

Always thought Allentown was famous for steel mills and the Billy Joel song. Will have to check out this auto mile sometime.

Lol it has changed quite a bit. Definitely try it out. Some of the biggest dealerships I have ever seen.

So here are the numbers for the 350.

RV 53%
MF 0.75% for tier 2

MSRP 49265.00
Dealer discount 4,500 (9.1%)
Rebate 4,750
College grad 1,000

adjusted price 39,015
balance w/tax 41,370.

The dealer told me it would be 460 with 2,000 DAS which would be to pay taxes and fees. The calculator says the price should be 401 w/ tax. Im really confused to where the extra 60 is coming from. Can someone explain? also how is the deal?

calculator