Need a new 2 year lease with less payments

Hello Hackrs,
A newbie here. I just changed jobs and drive about 80miles per day RT and in SoCal. Currently renting car from Avis for about $150 per week .
Looking to lease a car with zero Down payment for about 2 years with less payments as possible. Used to drive 2016 Mustang before and left it in Michigan at brother for job change here in SoCal. Preferably similar style car or car with less monthly payment (~200) is good for my commute.

$100 per month with $0 down payment is probably impossible unless you qualify for lease conquest and find a Chevy dealer willing to play ball with a bonus tagged Cruze. And even then you might have to pay more for 15k miles per year.

Yeah, it’s probably going to have to be the lease of the year to get those rates, especially if you’re looking at 15k+ miles/yr and want to be particular about the style of car too.

Thanks for the update guys… I thought I mentioned ~200 prior, but it was indeed 100. Updated now

So, yes looking for good model car with 10k miles (since i may get to work remote for 2days a week) for about 200 per month with zero down.

You can get a nicely equipped Sentra, Corolla, Elantra, etc for <$200, with $0 or just first month due at signing. A Jetta if you need something “European”.

I haven’t seen any Mini specials lately–there were some good deals on loaners a while ago. Loberant’s BMW loaners started at around $250 plus TTL & doc fee. The cheapest of those are probably gone too.

Someone mentioned Chevy Trax being cheap but those Chevy deals almost always require a lease conquest to be eligible.

Try swap a lease dot com and see what you can find there. It won’t be instant though, and sounds like you need a car right away to stop burning through $150 per week.

You better make sure of this first or you will be up for a surprise in the middle of your lease.

sentra, or any midsize in that case is an easy find for about 200 pm.
I was looking at the BMW list of loaners around US, but couldnt find anything for 300 or lower which are available still.

yeah, I was told in about 2 months time, will be given an option to do that… So I definitely do not need 15k per year(10-12k is enough), also I have a secondary LR with cousin in LA, which I can drive if I run out of miles

Cruze Cruze Cruze…or LS Equinox. These are your options…Choose wisely.

Btw 80 miles a day x 261 working days is 20,880 miles. That’s if you don’t go to the grocery store, the beach, the mall, anywhere actually!

Take two days off a week and you get 80 miles x ~157 days a year = 12,560 miles. Yea I don’t think a lease is going to work in the long term unless you get one off Swapalease that has like 1,500+ excess miles per month…

Concur…if you are commuting 80 three times a week, that’s well over 10K even with a month vacation!

OP needs to do some calculations, or he’s going to be back on this forum in two years freaking about his mileage!

I’ve mentioned it twice but the OP has not clarified that he qualifies for lease conquest …effectively killing any of the Chevy deals.

Yeah with all calculations done, I should be okay with about 12k miles per year for sure, if over done, I have a backup car of my brother which I can take when I am over miles.
This will be a purely commute car, and I stay at my brother’s place(can use his car for errands when overdone with my miles).

We currently dont lease any car of any brand, but Finance a LR, if that helps anything on cruze

Also looking at swapalease, where I see a prius for about $130 a month with 12 months left on it with 16k miles left for the lease.
Wasn’t exactly sure how swapalease.com works.
Does leasing company do all the paper work and check the car before handing over to me(if any wear and tear)
I know a credit check will be done, which I am fine with, but wanted to know if there will be any problems or good to know things prior to lease transfer

Saw this post on CL of getting Chevy trax for 89pm with 2000 down. how does this deal sound
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/6006601790.html

If you can get that without a lease conquest rebate, go for it.

PS: I hate it when dealers advertise under ‘for sale by owner’

I think this is from a broker and not the dealer exactly.

Does any have any idea About volkswagen leases.
I saw a promo for Jetta S for 99pm with 2000 down payment(+fees). http://www.volkswagensantamonica.com/new-volkswagen-lease-special-sales-discounts-santa-monica-ca
If there is anyone who has recently lease a Jetta, please share your lease experience