NE HACKR MEETUP: Spring 2021 in NJ

, ,

Is Michael Fux an LH member?

He’s got plenty of parking for you guys.

Michael if you’re out there, these guys would appreciate it.

2 Likes

Those locations are WAYYY too far for those of us in Westchester, as well as people in Long Island. I’m not putting close to 200 miles on my car for this, sorry. The same can be said for Princeton.

At least you guys get responses on your thread.

For the Boston area meetup it’ll just be @Siejammy and I ripping Porsche’s down Rt1

Totally understand @AP919 let’s try to think of things more central to LI/NYC/NJ…how about Redds in Carlstadt next to Met Life Stadium?
http://reddsrestaraunt.com
Again, these are just ideas, we could go back and forth all day.
@AP919 do you have any cool hangs that could work?

1 Like

Tristate isn’t going to have a spot suitable for everyone. Someone’s inevitably not going to want to drive x number of miles.

It would be different if you said “everyone from Newark…let’s meet.”

3 Likes

That sounds more like a good idea for a “Worst leases you’ve seen” meet up.

2 Likes

It would definitely be more convenient for the Central Jersey/PA crowd, but Neshaminy Creek Brewing Company seems to do these types of meet up events and other stuff like that. There might be a similar option available that’s closer to NY.

http://neshaminycreekbrewing.com/

Think of the adventure trying to survive the meetup and get home alive though. Stories that will last a lifetime.

1 Like

It could probably get turned into a low-budget reality TV documentary series

1 Like

It might honestly be safer pulling off one of those abandoned/car on fire jobs in the middle of the Nevada desert.

1 Like

At least I didn’t say Camden. There’s nothing like coming across the bridge from the SureKill expressway into beautiful…Camden.

2 Likes

To be fair, downtown Newark is thriving and that will continue to extend. The ironbound is too. Mixed use developments galore. Think about Harlem 20 years ago. Or the Bronx near Yankee Stadium just ten years ago. Downtown Newark is on par with them or better due to its high-end universities and transit options.

Well, I really haven’t had a need to go to Newark outside of catching a connection through EWR in 20+ years, so my recollection of the city and related crime may be skewed.

Ironically, the airport was the worst thing about the whole revitalization efforts but even that has begun to turnaround. Folks that use the airport regularly rave about its ongoing improvements. And many people sharply disputed the recent reports that EWR is among the worst in delays and airport experience.

I actually had my wedding reception in Newark around 12 years ago at The Newark Club, which has since closed. It was a really awesome place though. It just so happened that our date coincided with the soft opening of the Prudential Center across the street, so we ended up having free fireworks!

1 Like

I attended many events at the Newark Club. Great place! It failed to adapt to the changing environment and competition unfortunately. But what a view!

1 Like

Ever see the movie Judgement Night where these guys, think it was Emillio Estevez, Jeremy Piven… they rent an RV to goto a fight but they get lost in the projects because of a wrong detour to beat traffic, witness a murder, get chased by thugs and barely escape with their lives?

So far from the thread I gather we have enough interest in a meet up and that no central place is going to work for everyone, going to just have to pick a place and some people will be happy and some people won’t.

So heres what I propose, I will put a poll up on 3 or 4 places mentioned/suggested in this thread, most votes by a certain date will be the place. Does this seem fair?

1 Like

No, but I lived it once when accidentally getting off the Surekill in Philly.

1 Like

Not a great place for a meetup since there’s only street parking, but have the #5 sandwich at Hobby’s deli in Newark sometime

In general Meadowlands and surrounding areas (exits 14-17 off NJTP) would probably be most convenient for the most number of people

1 Like