NE HACKR MEETUP: Spring 2021 in NJ

, ,

This is why I suggested somewhere here in Westchester originally, not just for me, but to make it more central for everyone.

I love driving so I used to not care how far to drive. Pre-kids did Road trip over Alaska w wife 1,500 miles in 7 days:)
So before 3rd driving to NJ was ok. Now I’m a bit short on time.
Any suggestions where in Weschester to be close to those in NJ and NYC?

No offense, Westchester is not central to me here in Central NJ but I too will drive anywhere we decide to have it.

1 Like

I guess it’s measuring between Central NJ and Fairfield County, CT and Long Islanders

I think it really depends on where people will come from, because Tarrytown is more convenient to people coming off the GW or the Tapp, but White Plains, Scarsdale, Larchmont, and Port Chester are more convenient to people coming from Long Island. If people are coming from the city, depending on whether they exit from the west or east side makes a slight difference, too.

I think I need to make another survey for where people live…except that it won’t let me put in a poll?

Here’s the one I did last time:

1 Like

So far we have initially:

Second weekend of October - Sat or Sun will be decided.

@Lvs23 - Stamford, CT
@Orangeman96 - Central Jersey
@AP919 - Westchester?
@aronchi - Where you coming from?

Paging @nextlevelautobrokers, @HN308

Central nj

I was sure you are coming for the other side though didn’t want to say LI or worse Brooklyn and show my profiling presumptions. :joy:

White Plains – right in the middle of Westchester.

Almost feels like we should meet somewhere around GW and toss a coins which side is crossing:)

What’s wrong with a redo at Buffalo Wild Wings, Secaucus NJ?

It’s not that close to me and @AP919.
So we are asking this time to be closer to us.

1 Like

Central nj please! I only have a 7500 mile lease :cry:

1 Like

Just swap it😀

@Lvs23

I would prefer Sunday if possible.

Westchester is closest to me but i will come over anywhere we get together.

If people want to avoid going through GW bridge from either side, I suggest meeting in Nyack, NY so none of the guys need to use the GW bridge as NJ folks can use parkway/thruway and CT/Westchester guys can take Tappan Zee and I know its named after Coumo now but we still call it Tappan Zee.

2 Likes

Love the Nyack call…Growler and Gil my suggestion!!

Nyak can actually work for me.
@AP919?

Central NJ would be preferable for me, although further north could work in certain circumstances.

Nyack is fine. I don’t pay to cross the bridge, since I have to pay for at least 20 trips, and I don’t make that many each month!

What are people considering “central NJ” anyway? I don’t count Secaucus etc. as central. That’s northern NJ.