MY2016 Lexus NX 200t F Sport - Trading In Lease

That isn’t the lease agreement though. You need to look at the paperwork that you actually signed.

Right, I know that.

And I just got off the phone with LFS. Turns out I’m financing the vehicle for 78 months.

Oh boy…

10 Likes

Who said the is250 was a money pit? Was it the same dealer that just signed you up to a 78 month loan?

Your goal should be to pay down this car as fast as possible and drive the car as long as possible to recover from the losses you signed yourself up for.

I’m going to the dealership later today to try and get this resolved.

All I know is I no longer agree to pay for the car if it’s not a lease.

This will be interesting, definitely update on your progress/experience.

/grabs popcorn and sits back

6 Likes

The dealership will politely tell you to go “love” yourself.

The contract is signed. Doesn’t matter whether you now agree or not.

3 Likes

It might be a good idea to review your copy of the contract you signed before you go in.

I don’t know about where you live but in cali they make you initial the number of months and interest.

So here’s what happened originally:

It was supposed to be the $699 a month that is in that first quote. I had signed for it already, as a 48 month lease.

Then a few days later, they couldn’t get the deal worked out or something, and then the business/finance guy had said he was able to work out a deal where I would come out paying $599 instead, if I put a little more down.

When I went to re-sign, the guy said it was exactly the same thing as before, except it had the new values.

I got screwed by them, and they’re going to take this loss today.

I doubt the dealer will do anything to help you out, but let us know the outcome. This is very entertaining.

2 Likes

At the dealership, speaking with the manager.

He was very nonchalant about the whole thing, and is trying to convince me that the deal I made was better, since I am financing at 2.99% and not higher like 5 or 6%.

UPDATE:

After the conversation I had, they kind of empathized with the situation but were trying to make it seem like it was a non-issue since I got such a good deal, because in 4 years in this finance plan, I would only owe $17500 instead of $23xxxx. He said the GM will be calling me tomorrow to see what we can get worked out, and he also offered me a coupon for 4 years of free service on the car.

I kept reiterating the whole time, and even when I first got the car, that I would not accept another car payment unless it was a lease. Mentioned that even when the salesman offered me a finance instead, I shot it down and said, “No, I want to lease the car, otherwise I’m keeping my current car.

I also got a picture of the lease agreement with the residual values.

This thread is abso-fu[kin-lutely fabulous. It’s threads like these that really raise your spirits when one thinks “it can’t get any worse”. @OP- I would PAY YOU to sit in on your house closing. If this thread is any inclination on the future, I can’t wait to see what that sh!tshow brings. All joking aside, you’d have to pay someone my entrance fee just to get out of your lease, finance, or whatever they’re calling it these days… If it’s not too much to ask, please kindly share your age group. Just so I can solidify some market research. This is a “safe place”.

P.S. You weren’t in a Chevy commercial were you? Please tell me yes.

7 Likes

I sincerely wish you luck with that
It really is a tough situation and I hope you can get out of it somehow.

However, the paper you are showing is nothing more than a quote.
Its not legally binding in any way and the only thing that matters is the agreement that you actually signed, spoken promises or not.
Unless you have something signed that says they agree to only lease you a vehicle, and not finance one, then the law will be on their side.
They are obviously a shady, nickel and dime dealership as evidenced by their adding of “Nitro-Fill/Polysteel” to the quote for a whopping $500.

The good news is though that at least you arent stuck with a 10k mile lease and can drive it to your hearts content.
And in a few years, once you’re not upside down, you will be able to sell it privately and try to get the upper end of the book value, as opposed to getting a dealer value.
Wait even longer and you may be able to make a few bucks on the deal.

2 Likes

Thank you very much my man.

And I understand that it is nothing more than a quote. I’m just showing it because it says on there, specifically, “Lease Payments” and has the residual values, and that is what I signed for the first time around.

Then when the deal couldn’t be worked out and they didn’t want to lease me the vehicle (probably because of the negative equity), they were able to somehow give me lease APR for a 84-month finance plan instead.

I went with my friend who was there when I originally made a deal and he helped me out some as well with positioning statements to these guys. What they should have said was, “We were unable to get the $699 deal worked out as a lease for whatever reason, but Lexus Financial has instead offered you the car for a lower price with an 84-month lease instead. These are the benefits. Would you still like to go through with this deal or keep your current car?” They kept reiterating the deal I have now is really good and “no one” gets those kinds of deals, but nonetheless it is not what I wanted.

Why do you say that about the Nitro-Fill/Polysteel?

Oh, and I’m 26. Birthday is next month.

1 Like

This keeps getting better. So it’s actually an 84 month financing term? Yesterday you said 78, unless you meant you had 78 months to go. What does your paperwork say? Did you not read it when signing?

The dealer isn’t lying when they said no one really gets this kind of deal though. They can only hope to do more of them, but most customers turn them down.

5 Likes

Nitro fill is a waste of “air”.
Its just a gimmick and a way to increase profits by filling your tires with nitrogen.
Supposedly better for your tires life, but I for one have never had a problem with a tire because of regular air.

Polysteel is typically interior and exterior protection applied by the dealership.
Never let a dealer do any kind of detailing, its all useless garbage.
(Source: I used to detail cars, for private shops and dealerships)
Go to a real detail shop if you want to get a good detail and or ceramic coating.

Rule of thumb - never accept any deal that contains dealer addons like paint sealant, undercoating, vin etching, striping and other garbage like that.

And wow, an 84 month lease?! That should have been a red flag right there that they were switching your deal to a purchase. I dont think Ive even heard of a 7 year finance, and definitely not a lease.

3 Likes

Getting better and better…

3 Likes

do they even do a 84 month lease term. Or did OP finance not leased the car

They re-worked the lease they couldnt get approved to a finance, and OP didnt catch that. :open_mouth:

3 Likes