MY2016 Lexus NX 200t F Sport - Trading In Lease

It’s been signed since January.

ouch. afsgsdgdfgdfhfghftgh

So far no one from Lexus has called me today, just as I expected.

I’ll be back at the dealership on Monday either seeking the free 4 years of maintenance or something else.

Make sure the maintenance covers everything in the schedule. I know VW made it on there DSG’s in 2013 where it didnt apply to the expensive transmission service.

1 Like

Yeah, make sure they give you free maintenance or something else. How dare they expect you to follow the contract you signed. This is proof of how bad our country is getting, dealerships expecting people to honor signed documents and be held accountable for their actions?? I think your expectations are too low, you should demand they void the contract completely and just give you the car for free.

6 Likes

you signed a contract. what are you going to do? the rule of law here is very strong. your word is your word. there’s nothing you can do. you have to make the payments unless you sell the car.

But then you still have to pay off the balance.

OP you got roasted on this deal.

Regroup demand what you demand and cut losses in a couple of years…AGAIN!

I just read this whole thing and this is gold. I am expecting the OP to come back with his free 4 year maintenance package from the dealer tomorrow after he signs a new piece of paper that puts him on the hook for prepaying for 8 years of maintenance. I am also disappointed at the dealership for only getting 2.99% for 84 months, that is a pretty solid rate and they should’ve definitely pushed for a 30 year 12% loan to keep the payments at $499 range to make OP happier.

11 Likes

Back at the dealership today. Have spoken with several employees and a new guy today, who was the nicest person I’ve probably met there.

After a long conversation of me explaining to them everything from the beginning, he went to talk to the originators of the deal to see what could be worked out and how much they could honor my wishes to completely get out of the car.

The guy gave me a conversation piece around the stigma of dealerships and how he doesn’t want to be screwing people over willingly, and how I could easily write bad stuff about their dealership all over the place, which is something that they do not want. They took responsibility for the whole thing.

After a while he came back with the now Sales Manager (originally was the Financial Services Manager) and they offered me this:

They could go ahead and buy back the Lexus and put me in a 2017 lease vehicle at the same rate for 48 months. Adding the equity back to the vehicle but keeping the same rate.

I went to the lot and picked a new IS 200t I had seen when coming in, and we were getting the deal worked up, but my license is currently expired and I have to renew it before closing it.

Just thought I’d update you guys.

1 Like

Congrats on sticking to it and getting out of the tough situation.

How much did they buy back the NX for and what are your terms on the IS?

48 months at same term? Man i guarantee they still making money on you.

Just go through all the paperwork when you sign the deal, hopefully they wont roll in the negative equity again in this deal.
Congratz and good luck!

I don’t have the exact the exact terms yet on the NX since I left telling them I have to renew my license first, but I have been texting the manager and he said:

48mo/10,000 m
MSRP $45503
Selling price: $39700
0.0003 money factor
53% residual
$6500 rolled in to the deal

What is the drive-off? Using your posted numbers, the monthly doesn’t add up to $600/month, so the dealer isn’t really giving you any deal here.

The drive off was just $599 I believe. Like I said, we never got to actually sit down to overview all the numbers but they said it would just be the first payment.

Read the contract this time and use calculator to make sure everything matches up correctly. Good luck.

Right, of course. So you guys think I should do this then?

Cause now it seems like they’re just doing what any dealership would do anyway, which means I could get a cheaper car somewhere else.

6500 is the amount u lost on the NX?

I don’t think you can get a vehicle elsewhere… from what you said it seems like them “buying” the vehicle back is contingent on your leasing another vehicle from them.

You mentioned before that if you sold the vehicle you’d be on the hook for about $9K… in this deal you’re still losing money (the negative equity you said was $6,500), which is being rolled into the deal. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

How in the world did you not leave with new deal while they were being amenable. Tomorrow they could change their mind and they can now think of ways to screw you more. Get your license renewed asap and go to dealer. Like everyone else says here read reread then read the contract again before signing. Check the math on a lease calculator. Check the payment amounts and months and make sure it is a lease vs finance with your equity.

1 Like