My Volvos compared: S90 vs V60cc

Just did a 3 month pull ahead Saturday with my '18 S90 T6 awd Momentum for a '20 V60cc T5 awd.

Things that are better with new CC:

1. HVAC system is much better. I can actually feel air coming through the vents.
  2. Touchscreen responds much faster. Way less laggy.
  3. Heated seats heat better.
  4. Wagon is lighter, handles better. S90 always felt boatish.

The biggest thing I miss in the first 500 miles is the lack of supercharger with T5 vs T6. I really don’t know why it’s not an option with the CC. EPA rates MPG same on both motors. 66 horsepower makes a big difference.

V60cc feels more athletic. S90 feels more like your dad’s old Buick.

I do miss the $335/mo the S90 cost me.

5 Likes

Any sense of how well (or not) the non-CC v60’s lease?

My S90 lease is ending too. Going to miss my private limo.

2 Likes

Same here… s90 lease ending this April… I wish I can extend the lease for a few months for same payment.

1 Like

You can extend it.

2 Likes

Mine ends in October and I can’t wait to get out of it. It’s a great car but it’s boring to drive.

2 Likes

Look at @Benedetto spreadsheet. They’re leasing very similarly to what the CC’s are.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. Can you please provide pointers , if your have it handy?

@Ursus probably has pointers for extending but ultimately I believe the first extension is easy, just ask.

Nope. Nothing is easy. You have to have new car on order. Alternatively, you can ask to extend because the car you want is not available at your local dealer, etc. So you have to fight hard to get extension. I got extension (twice) because V60s weren’t on the lots yet and I wanted to test drive it.

4 Likes

nah you likely can’t. VCFS has gotten so anal about extending leases that unless you have a build order in for a new one, they will not extend you. what happened is the actual values of the s90s coming back were so low compared to the buyouts on the leases, vcfs got stuck footing the bill.

4 Likes

Do 9 months pull ahead, if you go with another Volvo.

1 Like

Yeah I want something fun to drive. That isn’t a Volvo. Great cars but I want an S4 or M340i

1 Like

You cannot extend it. Volvo is the first lease I have ever had that will not allow a lease extension of any kind. Unless you boiught another one. No great deals now like when I got this car.

Not true. You can extend, but it is not automatic nor easy.

1 Like

They told me only if you have a new contract with Volvo which at this point could be pretty unlikely. In the past I had one car I extended fror 6-8 months.

That does not mean you cannot extend. I extended for 1 and then for 2 months without order.

1 Like

Supposedly Volvo did an overhaul of the head unit in MY 19 so the responsiveness got vastly improved.
I think starting MY21 Volvo will be using bone stock Android as their infotainment system, should be more fluid but considering how half-assed Google has always been, I don’t have high hope…

1 Like

On Polestar only, I believe. At least in the beginning.

2 Likes

I think this is an interesting observation I’ve read/seen a few reviews that suggest whilst the T6 is obviously more powerful, the T5, in most applications is the better choice.

I’ve only driven the T5/T6 XC90’s and I have to say I did prefer the T6. If I didn’t care about money I would totally have a V60 T8 parked in my driveway right now. I’m glad that V60 CC prices are at a (relatively) reasonable level at the moment. I need to put my money where my mouth is one of these days and just get one from a broker here.

*daydreams of Sexy fast wagons

1 Like