My new car is in the body shop after a day

Hi,

So, I leased my new XC90 a week and a half ago and a day after picking it up from the dealership I noticed some brown stains on the hood and other parts of the car. I couldn’t see it earlier because it was raining. It turned out that these spots were caused by some stuff from the trees, sun and hard water. They scheduled a service appointment for me and took the car for detailing. After a few days, they told me they couldn’t fix the spots and will have to take the car to the body shop. It seems like a few elements will have to be repainted. What should I do? Has anybody been in similar situation and could share her/his experience?

Did they try a clay bar? Sometimes the lot guys that clean the cars don’t know all the tricks or that guy isn’t around on any particular day.

2 Likes

I have no idea.

If you are paying for it, take the car back NOW

It’s cheap, go down to the auto parts place or big box store and grab this and give it a try, won’t hurt anything

https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-Smooth-Surface-Clay-Kit/dp/B00063X7KG

Might need to get the general manager involved, probably need to raise a stink and/or threaten a bad survey. Honestly I think the clay would get that out from the looks of the picture, maybe asked if they tried that

1 Like

I’m not paying for it, they are. Just don’t feel comfortable to have my new car repainted the first week :smiley:

That’s why you lease! Ask for an XC90 loaner and enjoy the free miles!

2 Likes

Let them repaint the car. Volvo will take the hit on the depreciation, not you. Unless you plan on buying this (and if you were, you should’ve from the start), it’s no big deal.

A detail shop can do paint correction and ceramic coating. I’d look into having that done at the dealers expense.

1 Like

It’s great idea…I’ll check with them and will enjoy free miles for now :wink: thanks for your feedback!

1 Like

Clay bar and elbow Grease, has similar red spots on a white car from tree sap, any waxy application will make it harder to get out.

Not gonna happen. That’s $1,000+ at a good detailer.

1 Like

It’s a lease- id just ask for a similar/better loaner and for them to throw in wipers and tire rotations for the duration of the lease and call it a day. Cost of wipers blades and rotations are negligible for them and will save you a few bucks

1 Like