Muscle car Lease

Your best bet is a an LT1 like mentioned. Do you have another lease in household? There was $1500 lease conquest on 21s I think 22s have it too.

Those fees need to be paid (as with any lease) advertised or not. I suspect they are in the range of $500-750 for everything.

The big issue here though is that a $300 lease somehow becomes a $600 lease using “dealer math”

Recommend you check with @legendsauto broker here on Leasehackr. I was able to get a LT1 lease for just under $500 with taxes included on a $44,000 MSRP LT1 with the RS package and put down $2000. Not the greatest lease by previous standards but given many dealerships have a $8,000 markup on their LT1s I do not consider it to be bad. Very fun to drive!

I understand the OP is in Ca, but I wanted to give my input. Here is FL and outside of the state I have contacted well over 20 dealerships the last few weeks and I have hit a wall. None and I mean zero dealers would even think of doing a $299 / month lease on even the base msrp LT1. Some will not even respond to a lease quote.

Even though GM shows the national offer on the base model, dealers were quoting me over $500 a month. Most dealers showed more stupidity telling me the lease offer was not real…I had a few discussions that did not end well and some of the info provided from these dealers regarding leases were downright ignorant. If I could post what was said by these tools, you would fall off your chair.

The main obstacle is these price adjustments, appearance packages and other greed induced increases which negate the great MF and RS of the LT1. Getting a lease for $500 a month with 2K down is a shit lease on an LT1. Unfortunately not offering any words of wisdom because I have none.

This is not the time to buy or lease a car unless you desperately need one. We had to order a Scat Pack WB from a dealer who would only charge my son msrp because he couldn’t find one that wasn’t marked up 5K or more and he needs a car… how screwed up is that.

That’s awful, I was planning to call some of the dealers outside of CA but looks like I am not going to get any good deals. I ve been talking to a dealer here on the forum and this was his response

///We’d have to Add $750 das since no supplier rebate and add $1500 no lease current. Also add about 2k ish to the sales price because no supplier. So you’re about $4500 difference///

Since I don’t qualify for any of the incentives

I did contact him, he couldn’t get me anything less than 600

It’s important to keep in mind that Chevy isn’t advertising that either.

They’re advertising $299/mo* with tax, title, fees, etc extra, must have loyalty, etc to qualify.

That’s easily an extra couple thousand, even before factoring if you don’t have loyalty and whatever other contingent incentives are required.

This is all 100% correct and no dealer BS.

Chevrolet isn’t advertising what, the $299 lease deal or did I misunderstand you. Oh and BTW, the deal on the 21’s are $469 due at signing and I do have lease loyalty and taxes are added to the monthly payment. This is national lease program. Tax, title. license and dealer fees are not included in the $299 payment.

They’re not advertising a $299/mo lease.

They’re advertising a $299/mo lease with $1049 DAS, before taxes, fees, license, etc that also requires all incentives, so loyalty, supplier, etc.

Those are two significantly different things. It’s no surprise that a dealer won’t do a $299/mo lease, because even if they match the national program, that’s not what it is.

1 Like

The 21 is $449 DAS according to the lease. Besides the normal fees which are never included in the price, the only thing I see mentioned is lease loyalty. Show me where it says supplier discount…

For Current Lessees of a 2016 model year or newer GM or Non-GM passenger car or truck at least 30 days prior to the lease of a new GM vehicle through GM Financial. Customer remains responsible for current lease payments. Each dealer sets own price. Your payments may vary. Payments are for a 2021 CHEVROLET Camaro Coupe 1LZ w/10-speed automatic with an MSRP of $36,790. 39 monthly payments total $11,661. Must show proof of lease. Option to purchase at lease end for an amount to be determined at lease signing. Lessor must approve lease. Lessee pays for maintenance, repair, excess wear and disposition fee of $395 or less at end of lease. Payments may be higher in some states. Not available with other offers. Take new retail delivery by 11-30-2021.

After all offers is the kicker there.

Point is, even if supplier isn’t consider part of “all offers”, $299/mo with $449 DAS plus TTL is still not a $299/mo lease.

2 Likes

The asterisks after all offers does not say supplier discount. In fact, several of the dealers when asked about the phantom $299 lease deal only asked about lease loyalty, no mention about a supplier discount. I’ve been leasing since the early 90’s and this petty nonsense from GM regarding this lease is BS. If you go back to earlier this year and do a search, plenty of people got the LT1 lease @ $249 a month and later $299 per month. Not a single person mentioned it. To me, it’s just the dealers playing games. I have come across 2 dealers that are selling at msrp, but are adding in protection and performance packages that total 2-3K each. Plus doc fees in FL are $899-$999. So there’s that too.

HaHa, that $449 includes the first month payment.Don’t know how much closer to $299 you can get. Splitting hairs much? Dealers quoting $500-$600 for a base LT1 is what they say. how does supplier discount bring it down to $299?

What are we arguing about here?

The point is that there is no such thing as a $299/mo national offer. It’s a $299/mo with money down before a bunch of crap assuming you qualify for “all offers”. It doesn’t matter what “all offers” are. Could be loyalty, could be loyalty and supplier, could be loyalty and supplier and veterans of the civil war. I don’t care, it doesn’t matter.

There’s never going to be a dealer that you can walk in to and say “I want to lease this for $299/mo because the national offer says $299/mo” since that isn’t what is being advertised. One should never be surprised when they go to a dealer and ask for the national offer and the number isn’t what it appears to be at first glance. That’s the only thing relevant to the discussion.

3 Likes

Well you are mis-informed. When this program came out plenty of people were getting the lease deal. With zero DAS. My point is because the dealers are tacking shit on to the already tacked on crap, even if you had God on your side there is no way any dealer is giving you this lease because they can and will tack on price adjustments. That’s my point. OP asked about leasing a muscle car and the $299 lease deal. Even if I pay doc fees, title and DMV fees at signing and have the lease loyalty, it not even close to $299.

Exactly 0 of those people went into the dealer and said “give me the $299/mo lease special!” and got this.

I’m not saying that one can’t beat advertised lease specials. I’m saying that advertised lease specials are not what they appear to be at first glance because most people ignore the giant asterisk.

1 Like

@SWF Is your Scat Pack order refundable? Check the 4xe thread. You might get 7-8% off from the dealers mentioned there. There are Gupton, Mall of Georgia and other broker contacts.

I haven’t seen any $249-299 Camaro deals in V2 Bonanza. I think there was only one sub $300 deal that was on V1. Where did you see it?

He “needed a car”, so a ScatPack WB was chosen at full MSRP…? :joy:

I’ve got one in the garage that would be a much better deal for you than that lol not been 900 miles on it.

I was willing to get into a crap lease by cashing out equity on two prior leases, knowing each new lease would be worse than the last. In June I sold my 2019 Civic lease for $5000 in positive equity and leased a 2021 K5 GT-Line with $2k down. Four months later, I sold the K5 for $4700 in positive equity to lease the LT1 with the $2k down again.

With the extras bumping the MSRP to 44,000, the effective payment accounting for the down is $500 a month pretax, which is a 1.15% lease for 36 months. Crap lease, but life goes on. :slight_smile: