Multiple parking lot incidents...dealing with insurance

I have a Infinity Q50 lease expiring in March and I am not planning to lease another car

1. An incident happened an year ago and I scrapped the side of my car and it was dented around the rear back door. I found a cheap mobile mechanic to fix it as I was trying to save on deductible and insurance going up. After 2 days I realized that he did not do a good job and Infiniti might not like it during lease turn in
  2. Few hours ago today somebody backed into my car in a church parking lot and damaged my grill and dent the front of the car. We were not able to get licence plate so hit and run.I did call cops and filed a report too

Now, I need to get both fixed and claim insurance now.
What is the best way to go about it? Do I file do different claim

Can I submit a claim for something that happened an year ago?
Any advice or tips?

I would start by getting a quote. Perhaps its less expensive or similar to your deductible.

If you use your insurance, you risk your premiums increasing which may not be worth it…

1 Like

TBH since you’ve lived with it this long I’d wait to inspection a month or two before lease end and see what they come up with. Then get a quote and determine whether it’s worth fixing vs leaving it be vs risking your premiums going up.

1 Like

Repair cost maybe far more expensive than premium increase.

If he’s not getting another car, I’m sure he can live with a premium increase :grin:

1 Like

I’m going to be very blunt here on the first incident. You took a short cut…a calculated risk to save money. Now it will potentially cost you more money. Perhaps you should have realized that before taking such a risk l. The old saying you get what you pay for is non truer. Sometimes the short cuts end up costing more. As for hit and run, you have to make a claim w ur insurance. It won’t effect your rates, but be mindful that too many of these non at fault incidents can cause rate increases or dropped insurance at a later period. If your lucky, find a mechanic who can try to fix the poor job on your first incident who can maybe use some of the money gained from insurance to lower the cost

A hit and run with a police report is generally a no fault accident and your insurance would not go up. As others said though, if the quote out of pocket is lower than your deductible then it will make sense to pay it yourself. If you don’t plan to lease another car expect them to nickel and dime you at turn in, I wouldn’t wait and hope for the beat tbh

IFS is pretty straightforward. AIM is pretty cut-and-dry with regard to excessive damage charges, and when they do the inspection, they don’t know if you’re staying loyal or not. Infiniti will use this as their guide to charge him, and won’t reinspect the car.

That said, he would lose the 500 damage waiver for being loyal to them and have to pay the 395 disposition fee.