MSRP on a '21 X3 in NY?

What is a fair discount off MSRP on a '21 X3 in NYC if there is one? MB is charging MSRP for the GLC 300 and I think cost may be the deciding factor. BMW has a $1000 incentive head-start. Thank you.

https://forum.leasehackr.com/tags/c/marketplace/7/bmw

Have you checked here?

1 Like

So far, all I have seen offered are '22s, which I don’t want. The occasional '21s I see are missing many of the options I want. I am still waiting to hear from 1 or 2 brokers, though.

Thanks!

Those options shouldn’t matter if you’re using those 21s to establish a target pre-incentive discount.

1 Like

Thanks, none of the brokers seem to be able to help me. I don’t think they can tell me a typical discount level without having a car. However, if I can find out from a dealer who has any '21 X3, I can calculate the discount and the find the car I want. Thanks for the idea!

Shouldn’t be a binary choice between X3 and GLC, especially when both are leasing poorly.

1 Like

Not sure I understand. BMW offers free maintenance for the life of my lease and, unfortunately, MB does not. BMW also has a $1000 incentive, at least until 8/31. If the difference in the total cost of the lease over 36 months is several thousand dollars, I’m going to find me the '21 X3 closest to the one I would have built. Did I miss the point?

From my recent experience. You won’t get a good deal on an x3 unless you maybe order. And then it’s really relative.

If you are determined to get one that is a 21 on a lot right now, I’d bet MSRP or close to it. As I understand, many dealers are not keen to do dealer swaps still. Honestly not even sure how many are out there. There’s a tool for that somewhere. That may help you.

Being willing to order helps that. But if you order now it’s a 22

Otherwise maybe see if there is someone trying to get out of a 21 lease that suits you
Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

BMW (and to some extent Mercedes) went from being one of the best values in leasing to one of the worst.

Look at other brands in the Marketplace section

2 Likes

Manhattan is at 0% off on all their cars for the most part

If you are looking for a 21 still, I would shoot for 9-10% off…so few left out there that some dealers are only discounting 5-7% off X3 loaners

YMMY on leftover 2021s so that’s why replies here have been saying you are better off taking a 2022 MY

1 Like

also a lot of bmw dealer allocations on 22s are getting cut, so expect prices to go up next month.

1 Like

I have a lease coming due 9/30 [12/31 if I can score an extension] and the dealers I have been to have been honest about ordering a car. Even if a vehicle is ordered with certain options, there is no way of knowing what may be deleted until after production. My goal in getting a '21 is to sell my lease [good deal from CarMax] ASAP and with a '21, I know what I am getting. I will assume the position for paying MSRP, I guess.

Btw, I had also looked at Volvo, but same problem and very few '21 XC60 T6 Inscriptions around. BMW & MB were the two that got my blood going anyway. All three would represent a big step up for me.

Thanks everyone. This forum is invaluable.

Thanks. Now I get what you mean.

Hey. Just as a heads up: Most '21s are gone. Dealer lots are sitting very near empty save for a few very high volume BMW dealers. The dealers that do have these cars are selling them without any trouble at sticker. If you’re looking for a '21 you can’t be picky about it. You know the whole “beggars can’t be choosers” thing. Right now, for us, we’re pre-selling our allocation and typically won’t have many land here that aren’t sold. I wish you luck looking for a discount but it’s not even something we’ve been entertaining on anything but an X1/X2, and 228 GC.

2 Likes

I have to agree. I have been looking for more than a month across the country and of the very few '21 models left at the dealers, they are selling for MSRP and getting it… I lost out on 2 that I was in negotiations on to someone else who paid MSRP… you can get a broker to perhaps get you a discount on a 22… this is like the real estate market at a high right now. The only ones that are any kind of a discount are the ones with bad colors (silver with white, etc.). Best of luck to you. post if you find that unicorn

max_g - this comment was super helpful and on point. I just put a deposit on a Volvo after looking at Acura as a backup. As simple as it is, your comment made me step back, think more openly about options and stop stressing. I really wanted the MB but I’m saving a ton of money on a gorgeous '21 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription with almost every option available. The kicker is the MSRP on the XC60 is about $4k more than the MSRP on the '21 GLC 300 AWD I wanted.

1 Like

Congrats! Please share the details in a “Shared Deals” thread and the “Signed!” database

Absolutely. I hope to have the deal signed and sealed next week and will definitely share.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Please keep all your “wanted” ads here - Part 3

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.