Most accurate inventory searcher

I’ve been looking at Car Gurus, Edmunds, Truecar and autotrader for new car inventory. I’ve used the same criteria and every site comes back with a different number of available vehicles. Can anyone provide some input on which site provides the most accurate inventory? I compared the numbers from each of those sites to the manufacturer inventory search and auto trader was closest in terms of number of cars available. Just curious. thank you.

I like gurus but these are not real time databases, they get lists from their member dealers and that’s why it’s so different.

The specific car i am looking at had the following stats:

Manufacturer site: 2,954
Auto trader: 2,528
Car Gurus: 2,106
Edmunds: 1,457
True car: 179 (Limited to 500 mile search radius)

Even the dealer websites are not 100% accurate, at the end of the day I would go with one (I pick CarGurus) and hope it’s enough for the car you want.

For Example : Kia.com did not show an EV6 I was looking for recently but the Dealer had it in their lot, and the sticker showed it was sent to them by Kia.

1 Like
2 Likes

At the end of the day the number of dealers you are going to reach out to and be able to pick up from is your limiting factor. You are going to reach out to N dealers regardless of which third party site is showing how much inventory.

PS the above most likely reflects that more dealers are signed up for lead generation via AT than via CG.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.