Mortgage Hackr?

That’s a very good question. I had to haul out my note to check.

They can reduce the credit line if (some of this is paraphrased):

• The value of the property declines significantly;
  • They reasonably believe that I could not repay the obligations of the note due to a material change in my financial circumstances;
  • A government lien takes priority to the extent that the value of the collateral is no longer sufficient to meet the obligations of the HELOC;
  • I default (that one’s obvious);

And they have a couple of other exits based on actions taken by the government.

1 Like

Understandable about the masses. But when going over strategies being investments or mortgages, it comes down to following through. We can point out the better “play” but I think it’s a very beneficial point to consider. If you don’t take the steps to invest after then the plan may no longer be any good.

An investment thread is a great idea! I’d like to hear more about your 8% YOY. Your idea, start it up!:call_me_hand:

I think it already exists…

Never is a really dangerous word. So is “always.”

4 Likes

In the case of a house…“Never” just dump free cash into your payment. I feel very safe in this phrasing, and will defend all contrarians lol

This thread reinforces for me that I have a lot of Mortage 101 learning to do, eeek.

And you will use unrealistic assumptions to do it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

https://www.yahoo.com/news/why-suddenly-more-difficult-mortgage-124743809.html

stricter requirements

Nope just facts

You have no facts about the future, only assumptions or predictions.

Not sure if that changes your position.

1 Like

Thanks. I was just curious to the fact of what are the scenarios if any

1 Like

Or die. Okay that was kinda macabre.

Lol that wasnt my quote lol

Question, I don’t remember where I read it, but I was told that if waiting for the mortgage servicer to remove the PMI on schedule that you should ask for them to remove it early, because they don’t actually remove it at 80% LTV, but at some point in time below that.

Is that a thing or did I dream it? Also, I’m a bit lazy to go find my closing papers from my original loan. I’m sure I’ll find out when I close this refi.

Don’t wanna give @trism the credit. I want him to think I hate him.

1 Like

I am middle of a refi right now on my primary residence right now.

FWIW, larger lenders are still operating at full tilt with WFH staff. I locked my rates at 2.625% for 15yr-fixed third week of March soon after the fed drop the rates the second time in the month. It’s a slow process but worthwhile.

If I remember correctly if you don’t contact them they’ll remove PMI at 79%.

2 Likes

I’m a pure noob regarding mortgages so any guidance is appreciated. Here’s my situation and would like input on suggested changes. Primary home, have a 30 yr fixed and my rate is 4.25 and have 25 years left. Also have a rental property that’s on a 5/1 arm in the adjustable period and is 5.25% but dropping on June 1st to 3.25, have 15 years left. Thanks in advance.

Refinance… on fixed rates lower than what you have.

15 year rates are crazy low. take the guess work out of it.

the primary residence has enough time left to do 30 year and with significant diff. in current rate from 4.25, you will save $$

it’s all about timing, you have to make that payment that brings it below 80% and they do not do partial month PMI so you’ll contact them as soon as your “below 80%” payment is made. and if you do not contact them they’ll automatically do it at 78-79% depending on the terms.

1 Like