Mortgage Hackr?

Today I’m seeing 3.25 on the zillow link posted above

1 Like

I use one of the biggest credit union in California

Refi and purchase rates are different btw

This thread reminded me to reach out to my mortgage guy… 0 out of pocket 10/1 ARM @3.125 - currently at 3.75 (only had it for less than a year, so re-amortization wont hurt). Hmmmm…

Don’t know what region you’re in, but my 10/1 is 2.625%

IL… 2.625 is pretty darn good! What bank is it through?

I am and BofA just did

I’m hoping that rates stay low/keep going down. Going to be in the market in a few months.

You take the rates back to CPC?

Well normally I’d remind that a drop In mortgage rates is almost always followed by an increase, but the Fed did a 50bp cut this morning:

So you may get another drop soon.

If you need me, I’ll be in my back yard digging a bunker, as all my Economics professors taught me to when this day arrived. :man_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

Unfortunately, it’s a few months before I move (from the land of high taxes to the land of high dealer doc fees), so I can’t really jump now anyway.

1 Like

My 30 year fixed is lower than that. Shop around for a better rate

Mortgage rates track more closely to the 10-year Treasury.

1 Like

Locked in a refi 30 yr with Sebonic at 3% yesterday morning. $999 origination fee, $1400 in Title and Recording Fees, $2399 in total fees. Seemed like a no brainer to me

1 Like

Anyone has a nationwidw broker that handles refis. 3% with low closing costs seem like a steal.

@NY13

2 Likes

Mmm hmm

2 Likes

Now we are talking.

@coss1600 are you a mortgage broker, are you just providing insight because of vast experience?

EDIT : meant to tag @Cali

You say that like it’s a good thing

The 10-year Treasury yield broke below 1% for the first time ever in the wake of an emergency rate cut by the Federal Reserve to combat the economic effects of the spreading coronavirus.

At least it’s been an exciting market day of proving that monetary policy has its limits, and what happens when you fire the elephant gun and it bounces off the elephant.

This is killing me, just closed Dec 30 at 3.5%. Not sure if worth looking into a refi when I just made my first payment 2 days ago!