Mortgage Hackr?

Rates seem to have gone down. Was quoted 2.375 for 525k refi loan, 30 yr fixed, 3k closing costs

Seems to be down an eighth point or so from a month ago.

I’m about to close my second refi (first was in June) and even then I could have done better by waiting apparently!

1 Like

Just received underwriting on our refi. Waiting to close. 2.375 for 30 years locked around Thanksgiving. No closing costs - just escrows upfront.

2 Likes

DM me California peeps who still need to refi. Have helped plenty of people on the forum. No bait and switch. Loans get done FAST. Very flexible with loan terms.

What are your current 30yr rates, MortgageCA? Jumbo and conforming?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 3

It really depends on your situation. Credit, loan amount, and LTV are things I need to know before I can give you todays rates. I will DM you.

just locked in 1.99% for 15 year and $2500 in closing costs in the Boston area, have never seen rates this low!

2 Likes

Congrats, was also looking at 15 year. When I looked at Better, for a conforming loan (at least in CA), rates changed a little even within the conforming limit. They were quoting like 1.875% for 400k but 2% for 300k. Small difference though.

1 Like

Still haven’t closed on my loan cabin refi, app was submitted end of Aug/beginning of Sept.

Usually to get service like this one must do business with a credit union.

1 Like

Wow. I closed my 2nd refi with Sebonic yesterday. Started it on Nov 1st or thereabouts. And I thought that took awhile.

1 Like

We officially closed last weekend and funded on NYE. Locked the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. 2.375 fixed for 30 years conforming (based on the new increased limits). No closing costs except escrow account funding.

Closing agent said it was the lowest rate she had seen yet that wasn’t bought down.

8 Likes

Woot! That’s amazing! Congrats. 2.375% is the number to beat!

1 Like

What’s the best jumbo 30 thus far?

1 Like

need more deets. Depends on refi vs purchase, conforming/vs non conforming and LTV/credit score.
3% is current rate on portfolio jumbo high balance…

Came across this just now: HousingWire: UWM offering 61 bps on conventional loans through March 8.

Is 61 bps = 0.61%? Is this even “possible”?

1 Like

When the first offered their rate under 2% a few months ago, it was like $10,000 in fees. Let’s see what the DAS is for this .61% loan.

I just refinanced last September. I am also curious about the closing costs associated with such a low rate.

Any brokers out there?

Looks like UWM is going to ask you to put
MSDs to lower your MF :). Maybe they will ask for 10 MSDs. Ie 10 points or 30k for a 300k mortgage.