Mid size SUVs that lease well/hold resale value

What’s up guys?

My wife and I are trying to figure out what type of mid size suv to lease next. We are currently leasing an XC90 - any suggestions, direction or input? We’ve kicked around the idea of a Grand Cherokee Altitude but I feel we need options in order to get the best deal/value. Falling in love with one type of truck leads to nothing good. We’re in NJ. Also, is it possible a Volvo dealer would take back our truck a bit early?

Thanks guys?

Look for BMW X3 or X5 coming off of loaner.

How can I keep track of loaners?

1 Like

X5 most certainly does not lease well ATM. X3 is a mixed bag and very much so regional.

Have both an XC90 and a Grand Cherokee V8. The quality between the Jeep and the Volvo are night and day. I think you may want to look at something more like a BMW. Volvo will do a 9 month pull aheads on XC90’s. XC60s and XC90s are leasing well now so you might want to look into that.

X5 does not have a good resale value.

I looked at a 2018 X5 yesterday which was in the showroom. Had squeaks and rattles, uneven plastic gaps, big time quality problems! Even made a video LOL. Terrible build quality.

If you want a car that holds value, look into a 4Runner, Lexus LX570, Toyota Tundra, Toyota Sequoia, Toyota Land Cruiser, Infiniti QX80…

2 Likes

The pull back is something we will definitely investigate. We do love the XC90. If we can save substantially on a newer one, we would lease another.

Not technically SUV but Subaru Outback. Ascent is new but I’d imagine it would have similar resale value.

6 months on XC90/60

Any reason why you’re concerned with resale value on a leased vehicle? For me, it feels like for good leases that the RV is pretty much divorced from all reality in terms of how much the car is really worth at the end of a lease. You should be trying to find vehicles with a lot of room up top (% off MSRP), combined with a high posted residual value and MF.

2 Likes

Toyota Highlander