Mid-size suv @$200/month or under?

Look into the Honda CR-V.

Don’t equate payments on a brand new lease against a used car that’s also going out of warranty.

Of course the inferior product should be cheaper. You’d need a much larger delta to justify it.

1 Like

Also check Equinox and Tiguan - both tend to lease well here and there. I think Tiguan does more consistently, but you’d need to stick to the base S trim for that (still comes with CarPlay, blind spot, etc).

1 Like

It all varies, I just sold my wife’s 2015 Elantra to SHIFT last week and got a better amount that what Carvana offered me back at the peak of used cars late summer/early fall. But the offer they gave on the Tiguan was far lower.

1 Like

Especially if it’s a used base Terrain. Yuck. Value is going to nose dive whenever the car market stabilizes.

1 Like

Check all CUs you have in your area, check the major banks, check Pen Fed CU and any other online banks as well. Just about everyone has used car loan, some give a better deal on recent ones and even lease end buyout specifically. You have a good chance of finding competitive rates, but you’ll need to put in some legwork to get it.

After having one as a rental car a few times, I’d rather walk.

1 Like

One of few vehicles I’ve driven that makes the Odyssey feel like a Formula 1 car.

Thanks. I looked pretty extensively into the Equinox (pretty much the same car as the terrain, my after market terrain tow hitch would even fit it) - $300 - $329+/month, even with the costco incentive.

I mean, I can’t disagree on this. We don’t love the vehicle - got it for the lease deal, never expecting to buy it at the end of the lease. There’s nothing in particular that offends me about it … it’s just, ok, in about every respect (other than acceleration, it’s pretty poor there). … I mean, it’s fine, I guess.

I thought I’d be seeing better offers this time of the year on other SUVs, but so far, nothing close to what makes sense for us. :frowning:

Just looked into the CR-V, best price I can get is around $289/month, $0 DAS, 24 months. Just thought I’d share what I found in case anyone else is in the same boat.

For what trim?

I can’t comment on the base motor in the latest gen, but my wife got an 17 Equinox when Chevy did the crazy Asian conquest a couple years ago. The payment enticed her under 200 for a 33k car. Needless to say, 10 months in to the 24, it was such a dog, I had to find a replacement, regardless of payment. She has sworn off Chevy forever now, even though the new blazer is basically the same engine and platform as her current xt5

1 Like