Mid-size suv @$200/month or under?

Hi Everyone,

Before we buy out our GMC Terrain SLE lease (2019 GMC Terrain SLE, just under 21k miles, $17k buyout), I thought I’d ask and make sure no one has seen any SUV leases in the southeast or Georgia area for around $200/month or under, 24 month, $0 down.

I’ve been inquiring with multiple dealerships with MF’s, RV’s, etc, and just haven’t received any quotes near that price (the best I’ve gotten one down to was $269/month, $0 DAS). The rest have been in the $300 - $350 range.

We have to make our decision by this Friday (extend our current lease, buy it out, or find another option - lease expires on the 21st).

Anyway, I just thought I’d ask and see if anyone else has seen anything. Our only requirement is that the SUV be capable of towing 1,500 lbs (doesn’t have to have a towing package), and I don’t really have any specific brand that I’d absolutely need.

Cheers & Thank you.

Hi please post in the wanted ads. Hint: you’re not getting anything for under $200/mo. Maybe a Trax?? :face_vomiting:

Regarding the buyout, I have a hard time believing that it’s actually worth $17k, but if you’ve done the research and it is and you like it then go for it.

3 Likes

Nothing… buy out your lease.

4 Likes

Thanks, sorry about the wrong section - I mostly read here occasionally and haven’t posted much.

Right now, Carvana will offer $17,800 to us for it, and private party, the KBB is around $19,500 - $20,500. Buying a car similar to it right now from Carvana/Carmax is $21-$24k, and private party is also above $17k.

Our best thought is to buy out the GMC and just be on the lookout for a better deal for a SUV. If one comes up, then sell our GMC for hopefully what we paid, maybe slightly more, or maybe slightly less. If nothing comes up, maybe it’ll be a minimal loss to sell it in 1-2 years (less than the cost of leasing @$270+ for 2 years).

The only downside is letting go of $17k cash when I’d prefer to have it invested … but, if it’s the best decision available, then it’s the best decision available.

1 Like

Thanks, our thoughts as well.

Don’t forget to add in the sales tax, etc into your cost estimate.

1 Like

Tacoma sr if you do msds will be close. Def can tow. $34k msrp also

1 Like

Thanks. The taxes would be true for anything we’d buy. We’d definitely prefer to be leasing again, but nothing is coming up. I’ve thought about extending the lease to see if anything better is offered after Christmas, but I’m thinking it would be it pretty unlikely.

So, true, I’m probably looking at a total of $18,500, roughly, depending on what georgia considers the ‘fair market value’ of the vehicle.

Thanks. I’ll reach out to a toyota dealer and see what they can do. Originally, I was seeing $350+/month in our market for Tacomas when I lightly searched for them (I was mostly focusing on SUV’s).

You can finance it, either through GM Financial, your CU, or whatever else. Put zero down if you want.

Don’t be surprised when they come back with an answer they like rather than an answer you like.

2 Likes

Used car market is really inflated right now. But like all bubbles it can’t last forever. Don’t be too shocked if it’s worth like 11k in two years.

2 Likes

A tacoma makes a poor SUV…

1 Like

Not the case anymore. Carvana is not offering cray cray prices …

Thanks. I’ve thought about this, but never really looked into it that much in the past. Any specific recommendations of where to look for this? I guess Delta Credit Union? I’ll start researching to see the options.

I think things have cooled off, but I checked a 2019 BMW 430 coupe this morning and the carvana offer was about $2500 over payoff. This is on a car with a $157, 24/10 lease.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m factoring this into our decision. I’m assuming in two years, it might be worth $12k - $14k. I mean, we’re not breaking the bank here for it. At $11k value, it’d be slightly worse than a $269/month lease, but the same or better than the $300+ leases.

And honestly, we’d still rather lease, I just am not seeing any good options.

On a side note - somewhat proud of this - the SUV (in this case “suv”) that we got down to $269/month was the Kia Niro EV. It was a bit too small for us, but still, I feel that was a pretty good price, $269/month all-in, $0 DAS, 12k/year, 24 month. There aren’t any rebates or other EV incentives in GA like in other states, so that’s pretty decent here. :slight_smile:

same here in FL, really really hard to get a good EV deal here.

1 Like

Just side note - thanks everyone. This is really helpful. It’s good to see your thoughts are similar to my own. I wish I had better options available, but really do appreciate your opinions & input.