Miata Lease Cost/Availability

24 month leases usually are not the way to go. You’d want to compare numbers against other terms to see how they shake out.

I’m really am rooting for you and hope you find some good info. I was looking at an example on the street just yesterday and was reminded just how much fun those little things must be.

I’m having a hard time finding 2022 RVs but it looks like the 36 month RVs on Miata’s have historically been in the low to mid 50s while in the real world Miata’s hold their value very well - meaning a clean 3 year old copy with say 30k miles is likely to be worth way more than 55% of MSRP.

In this environment, where big discounts off MSRP can be hard to get, it seems to me that it is unlikely leasing this car is gonna be the best option.

Unless there is a compelling reason to lease/the numbers somehow come together, id probably look into financing a Miata and gamble that I’ll come out ahead when I go to sell in 2-3 years.

1 Like

I’m looking for a fun car to learn/become more proficient with a manual transmission.

Yes, current used prices for Miata’s are pretty crazy. I don’t want to go too old, because then I may have to deal with high maintenance costs. 10+ year old retractable hardtops are generally selling for $18-20K (at least from dealers). In the case of a purchase I’d only keep the car for 12 months.

I was more curious if leasing would be a option to avoid the inflated used car market and not have to deal with any large maintenance bills. I’d be fine paying $300-$400 per month for 24-months.

you will probably be well over $400 if nothing down, I don’t think they are leasing very well. I actually have an order for a Club

36 should be better than 24 though

@AutoNinjas is the only one I seen offer discounts on Miata’s

10% off on orders in FL, 7% in NE. Haven’t seen anyone come remotely close.

Orders only.

3 Likes

You should buy a cheap used car to get more proficient first.

2 Likes

at 10% off fwiw you’re already probably close to break even if someone ever wanted to get out of it.

2 Likes

Finance only?

either or - it makes more sense to finance but happy to lease them.

1 Like

Do you have the approximate RV for a 24 month lease? Edmunds doesn’t have numbers for the 2022

If you just want one to practice on - just rent or Turo one for a couple of weeks.

2 Likes

RF - Garbage - like 61% and .00220
Sport - not horrible - 70% and .00220

Higher for other trims for sure - but i looked at a RF Club and thats where it is.

Worth noting though that in this market any convertible pretty much has a payment of $1k or higher, so potentially a sub $500 pmt is a fantastic deal - even if by LH standards, its not ideal.

3 Likes

I’m already using Turo and will continue to do so until I buy something. However, the selection of manual transmission cars isn’t great and there are no Miatas.

I want to buy a Gen IV Viper, but have been told that it’s not a great idea to buy one as a first manual. Hence looking for something else for a year or so.

1 Like

Just posted a Calculator for a MX-5 Sport which we’d be happy to help you order.

1 Like

just buy a Miata NA and call it a day!

Love the Miata NA, if I had any mechanical abilities I’d buy one.

1 Like

Even experienced manual drivers struggle a lot with Vipers though gen 4 is better. Older generations are almost guaranteed to crash.

This 100%, Car friends of mine, have bought $1,000-$5,000 manual E46s/E39’s or Civic’s and completely blown clutches out over a 2-month period becoming confident in manual driving, one of them owns a Manual GT3 yet takes a 200k mile E46 out the day before to make sure he’s still got it.

Defentely worth taking a look at Craigslist or FB Marketplace

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.