Mercedes Question

There should be a warranty.

Took it to Mercedes dealership ,service guy said they tried a few different things and they still can’t figure out what’s going on . So now they “opened a case” with Mercedes … what the hell is that ?

2 Likes

Means they’ve called MB to ask if they can help diagnose the problem basically.

@bigmogs what state do you live in? If the problems continue, and depending on your service history, you may (or may eventually) have a lemon law claim. It’s important to stay on top of your issues and continue taking it in for service, as needed. If you’re in CA and need some help, feel free to message me. I’m a lemon law attorney.

@Ai86 CA lemon lawyer here. Your issues sound significant. If you’re in CA and want a consult, feel free to message me.

Hey it’s been 2 weeks my car is still at the service , they still can’t seem to figure out what’s going on with it . They’ve changed brakes / rear differential / etc … at what point do I have a “lemon car” . I read something about it being in the shop for a month ?

1 Like

There’s more than one way a car can qualify. And in CA, if your car has been in service for over 30 days collectively, it’s presumed to be a lemon (although the manufacturer can try to rebut the presumption). Again, there are other ways to qualify as well. What state are you in?

Southern California

I’m happy to state that I’ve had the car back for about a week now and it appears to be fixed. They put a brand new steering wheel and problem has gone away. However, I still think About that click every time I make left turns and it’s a horrible feeling. Hope i stop thinking about it now that it’s fixed.

1 Like

To answer your question I’m not in CA, I’m in Illinois.