Mercedes Question

Hey guys! wanted to know if anyone else has had the same experience with their 2019 c 300. I noticed every time hit 60 MPH or over on the freeway my steering wheel lightly vibrates/rattles…not the smoothest ride. What gives? less that 3k miles on it

What’d the dealer say when you asked the service department?

1 Like

Honestly haven’t gone to service department yet … was wondering if this is “normal” or something to be looked at. I’ve only been driving it for 3 months…

Take it back for a tire balancing. That’s not normal

1 Like

I agree just take it back have them inspect it.
I have an E300 less than a year of owning it and I’ve taking it back 3 times for a steering issue. While turning to the left it’s not a smooth rotation there’s like a click. I’m really frustrated and they can’t seem to fix it. Any suggestions on what my options are?

1 Like

That is annoying sorry to hear…can you lemon it?

Sounds like the tires were poorly balanced.

1 Like

My wife had an E coupe and they had to replace the whole steering wheel column. I forgot what the initial issue was. Welcome to Mercedes. They are kind of like clunkers. Best to lease, not to buy.

1 Like

Dealer called me stating they will replace the whole steering wheel column and ordered part from Germany. In the mean time they told me to pick up the car and they’ll call me when the part arrives. Keep in mind for past month I’ve been there every week and yet they still telling me to drop off loaner and then go back again.
Certainly didn’t picture this with a new Mercedes.

1 Like

After they replaced the whole steering column it still had a periodic shake to it (like once per day for like 2 seconds). Very strange but our lease was ending so we let it be.

I’m not keeping my hopes up since I’ve already been there three times. And each time I go to pick it up they say it’s fixed. I drive off and shortly after I detect the same issue. I’m starting to think their technicians are not that qualified. I’m going to wait and see what will happen after they change the steering wheel column. And if still an issue will probably end up going to a different dealer.

Document everything and talk to a lemon law attorney.

1 Like

Document everything

Take it to a different dealer

Speak with a lemon lawyer

I think that’s a good Euro practice in general.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advise. I will wait out till they put the new steering wheel column and see how it goes from there. I should mention I did lease this vehicle and it had 3,400 miles on it. It now has just over 13k.

There’s a reason the BMW “extended warranty” I priced when I was shopping used was > $7,000.

1 Like

Don’t you have some ancient Lexus or Acura under a service plan from a CU, or am I confusing you with someone else? Does the CU offer a less expensive option than a captive backed B2B for the Germans too?

I have a Route 66 “extended warranty,” which I bought from PenFed, on my 2010 INFINITI.

You cannot purchase coverage on a BMW 750i at any price from this company.

The cost and availability of coverage is the main factor that drove me to lease a new 750i instead of buying and keeping a CPO version of the same model.

2 Likes

I lease , less than 6 months old . Think they’ll charge me to service it or check it out ?

No, there is a 12/12 adjustment period within the 4/50warranty. Applies to wear items like tires, brakes, alignment

1 Like