Mercedes GLC AMG43

Is this a '20 or '21? GLC’s and GLE’s are no walk in the park (especially the AMG variants) but 11% on a demo with 9k miles seems pathetic.

1 Like

It’s a 20. No walk in the park? So, what should the discount be? 15%, 20%? On a corp demo?

You got two things against you here.

1- Florida
2- GLC43

The residuals for these are in the 40s and even with a decent discount I think the monthly would still be bad.

Some of the brokers have glc43 (new) and I think monthly in the high 7s.

What monthly are you aiming for?

3 Likes

Fully get it. I said the lease numbers aren’t making sense. However, is the discount steep enough to buy it at 11-12% off MSRP, considering it has 9k miles and 3 years of warranty left.

And, yes, Florida dealers are pretty awful. Although this dealer I have done biz with, I just don’t think the discount on this is enough, whether I buy or lease.

What are the numbers ?

Aww hell no

2 Likes

Lease?

MSRP - $73225
Sales price (right now) - $64975
00089 MF
43%/43%/41% residual (36/42/48 mo, 15K/yr)
The 36 month was over $1100 a month.

What should it be? In your opinion?

That is terrible. As I said look at the brokers who sell MB and their glc43 deals.

1 Like

I have checked…many are saying inventory is tight and discounts are not that deep.

8-10% on a new '21 would be a solid deal.

On a demo '20 with 9k miles, I personally wouldn’t touch it unless it was at least in the 15% range.

And as is usually the case with a lot of MB’s, the 42 and 48 mo. terms will be much more favorable if you do decide to lease.

Just as a reference point, last month I was a tad over 12% on a new (non demo) and rarer 63…

1 Like

It doesn’t matter. The lease will always suck at that RV and MF combination. The hardship of resale also makes a non-purchase a non-starter.

Look at something that leases better like an SQ5 or X3m40i

2 Likes

Yes, as I said from the git go, the lease doesn’t make sense. Appreciate all the feedback.

Consensus is…

Buy, don’t lease.
Don’t buy unless the discount off MSRP is upwards of 20% off, because car has 9k miles on it.

FWIW…spoke to a FL broker and he agreed.

Not sure where you got that from… selling $40K cars is a pain.

Buy regarding this particular vehicle vs leasing. The current MB I have I bought and is 7 years old. So, I have no problem buying em and driving till the become a pain. Which is about now.

This is a terrible deal with the mileage adjustment for the 2020.

3 Likes

He got another big thing against him, which is a real thing: 9k mileage penalty = $65/mo extra at $0.25 (I think it is $0.25)

1 Like

So bad. You can get a new GLC43 for 10% off. Lease will be rough though as the GLC numbers aren’t great and the AMG GLC numbers are even worse. For a 43 you’ll be in the $900/mo range or more depending on options.

1 Like

Yes…it is not a good deal. We will see if they can “get there”. Or I will wait on a '21

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.