Mercedes GLC 300 Lease Negotiation Advice

Folks,

I’m interested in getting a Mercedes GLC 300 in DC metropolitan area (DC/northern VA/MD) area and have contacted a couple dealerships. At one dealership, I emailed saying I wanted selling price of 39.5K for an MSRP of 48k noting that I can give MSDs and they said they simply cannot do that, but then over the next couple of days they’ve responding with questions and such asking for other information, such as how many MSDs. The other dealership had an “Internet Sales Manager” reply saying that the “Internet Price” is 44K, down from MSPR of 48K, and available. Based on other posts on leasehackr, I see that selling price is the most important factor since the money factor and the residual value are between dealer and manufacturer. Based on past experience, I’ve seen Internet Sales Managers just bait people into dealerships and switch out on them saying that the particular quoted car was just let go to another customer and is no longer available, but you can get another one at MSRP, not the Internet Price you were quoted before. It’d be helpful to know how to know how leasehackr experts would deal with each of these dealers and respond. I think I want to tell the one dealer asking lots of tiny little questions, except for one about how many MSDs I can give, to focus on the selling price and what they can do there if I were to give 5MSDs or 10MSDs and to the other dealer to ask “What is an Internet Price???” or how is Internet Price different than a Selling Price so I can see how good a deal can get here. What do you think?

Thanks.

I would expand my search radius and see what’s available in 500 miles and sort by price and start looking into the cheapest units and start reaching out to those dealers…

If you’re trying to hack a deal with the dealer conveniently located down the road or on the other side of town you’re gonna have a bad time. It’s a great place to start but it’s a hella uphill battle.

Also, if you’re looking at leasing new you may not get a killer deal as opposed to a loaner unless the dealer is trying to move one last unit to close the month.

So expand your search radius, start doing research and wait for the right time to strike or just hire a broker?

It’d be great to expand my search radius but how am I going to do that?

Going through AAA truecar.com I see quote for MSRP $43k and TruePrice $39k which is $5k lower than Internet Price quote.

From the website

MSRP Breakdown

• Base MSRP

$42,700

• Factory Installed Options

$0

• Freight Delivery Charge

$995

• Total MSRP

$43,695

Guaranteed Savings

• Certified Dealer MSRP Discount

-$4,500

• Additional Partner Discount

-$100

• Total Guaranteed Savings

-$4,600

Subtotal before Dealer Fees & Accessories

$39,095

Dealer Fees & Accessories

• Dealer Documentation Fee

$499

• Total Dealer Fees & Accessories

$499

Your TruePrice

$39,594

So the MSRP on public website is $48, but on AAA TrueCar, the MSRP is $43. How is that possible?

Also came across Wording Emails for the Deal? which is super helpful.

You’re probably looking at different optioned cars.

Go to cars.com and do research there, now you know what the numbers would look like look for a unit that has way lower selling price and investigate

Dont worry so much about what they claim the MSRP is… it’s likely inflated anyway. Like others have mentioned go to truecar.com and get an Idea if that the real cost of the car is. I was in the market for the same car a few months ago here’s what I discovered

My 2 cents…Standard audio on the Glc 300 is shit
Push to start and keyless entry are EXTRAS and so are any features that are standard on the X3 and Q5. The interior is all cheap plastic minus the leather seats. With the GLC you Will be paying through the roof for basic extras. oh and every service at 10k is about $275.