Mercedes E300 Lease - 2018 New

I have been having a tough time finding the right car. Then, when found, I have been having issues with a potential lease. After finding one match off the lot, the dealer said it had been “punched” and couldn’t be leased. I wasn’t aware that a new car couldn’t be leased and learned one thing new.

I like the E300, but seems a bit overpriced compared to competitive cars. That being said, I thought there would be a little better discounting. I am in Phoenix, AZ. Here is what I have from one and not having the car in the state seems to have added to the issue.

MSRP, $60,100
Price after Discounts: $57,000
Residual… 60%
Rate Factor .00210
Miles: 12K
Down: $0
Payment: $899

Doesn’t look very attractive to me and wanted to get any feedback or any updates on what the current offers are on the car. Any advice on this model?

That monthly is borderline S-Class territory.
The great E300 deals you might have seen around here are mostly on loaner cars. Try asking dealers around you if they have any E300 loaners, you will get a much bigger discount on those.

That is exactly what I thought at I thought the pricing was a bit high. I found one other that was offering about $3K more in discounts, but not necessarily the right car. I am hoping to get a better idea of what others may be seeing for Mercedes now.

I am looking for my wife that has some specific options she would want. I don’t think they should be that hard to find. We found a couple and they were punched which I never heard of and couldn’t lease. We would consider a loaner, but doubtful to get the color/options wanted. We are increasing the flexibility that should at least get us to find something in Arizona and get the extra discounts.

I received an offer on a “2017” leftover (not loaner) for $2k total down, $550 per month, 12k miles per year, 39 months. This was on December 31, 2017, in the PA area. They let me walk out the door without sweetening the deal, and they did not even contact me again.

FWIW…

Search the “Used Car” section of the MB dealer website. Look for 2017 vehicles with <10K miles (and the closer to 3K the lower the residual adjustment). The Carfax on them should read something along the lines that the “dealer took ownership of the vehicle”… 2017s lease better than 2018s now due to almost identical residual values, lower MF and larger discounts. Expand you scope to within a day’s drive - you can fly there and pick it up. Search this website for other E300 loaner deals.

Given the MF they are trying to charge you on the E300, I wouldn’t trust much of anything the dealer is saying.

@Empirestate lives in AZ and just traveled (a long way) to get a great deal on an E300.

I doubt you will find anything in Arizona for a great deal or decent Arizona dealers are horrible at discounting and if they do they mark up the money factor like crazy what is the combo you want if you want a great deal especially on a loaner I suggest you be less picky you should look in California and just fly out there to get it
These were the best numbers I received for a new e300 in Arizona which we’re not great at all
MSRP 58,965.00
Selling Price 51,850
Money Factor .00138
12k miles per year
36 month lease
Residual 60%
Doc Fee 499.00
Plates 850.00
Acq Fee 1095.00

Money down 3000.00

PAYMENT 596.99 + tax = 645.96 a month

E300W

040 Black
121 Black MB-Tex

P01 P01 Premium 1 Package

If you travel our of state to pick up a lease deal, do you have to return the car to the same dealership? Or can you return to local dealer?

Empirestate, thanks for sharing. How does that work with what is due at signing? Money down + the fees or were they in the payment? That is a lot better than the horrible offers I received. Just got another that was arguably worse. No details.

I only need the Premium 1 package and around the MSRP that you had which is just under the $60K

MSRP 63295
Selling 58295
$2256 due at signing
Monthly $838 w/ the tax included

I would go out to CA and have been looking through the used 2017 inventory, but haven’t found a match yet.

Are you okay with this color combo it has p1

Return to any Mercedes dealer in the country

Something looks a bit different with that one compared to what we looked at recently. What year is it? Would prefer the AMG Exterior, but not bad.

Must be Luxury, not Sport?

It’s 17…Okay just keep searching the used inventory in California just be patient you will find something

This is my car amg comes with different wheels brakes and the chrome on top of the door handle everything else is the same

Quick question for those more experienced. Does anyone know if MB retired CPO loaners are available for fleet discount?

Yes they are. 202020

Thank you Sir/Ma’am, you are a Gentleman/Lady and a scholar

1 Like

@28firefighter prefers to be addressed as “they”. A Gentlethey and a scholar

:rofl:

2 Likes

I told my wife that someone referred to me as a Gentleman. She busted out laughing and hung up the phone…

5 Likes

Any idea of what a decent MF would be right now? And a reasonable discount % I should look for on a new (2018)?