Mercedes Benz GTS-AMG or Ghibli (Cali) NEW TO THIS!

Always do what you think is best for you. Caring what others think is a slippery slope. If you loved X5 i would take that. Plus just the knowledge that I am able to afford GTS is enough for me, which is a car i love and would buy and keep it forever.

The main point is do not regret your choices. :grinning:

2 Likes

OP was asking for two specific car to spice up his life. GTS-AMG-OMG will definitely spice up your life!!! No doubt about it! I just wayched it last night at the Fate of the Furious movie. Matte color is the best

Is neither an option? An AMG gts can be financed used for cheaper and give you better return. A ghibli is worthless imo. Donā€™t get me wrong the pinache of having a Maserati is cool and all but the fit and finish is a bit lackluster. I would look into seeing what you can get an Alfa Romeo julia quadriplegic for over a Maserati ghibli. Should stack somewhere between the two but itā€™ll give you the best of both worlds.

2 Likes

If you get a 10% discount on a 130k vehicle and pay the 7k down, your payments to OWN the car on a 72 month term would be lower than those lease payments. If you think the car will be worth more than 50% of MSRP after 3 years, youā€™d be much better off buying it.

Also, and it is totally up to you, tying yourself to 3 years, or 4, of a car that cost nearly 2 large per month at your age is a recipe for disaster unless there is a very large bank account you can draw from if things go sideways. Iā€™m all for everyone doing it there own way though.

1 Like

Cars that will be worth more than 50% of MSRP after 3 years:

Toyota Tacoma/4runner
Lexus (except the weird hybrid ones)
Jeep Wrangler
Subaru WRX
Porsche Carrera 911

Choose one and have fun.

A 2014 Audi R8 is worth well more than 50% of itā€™s MSRP today. And that isnā€™t the only example

You can never go wrong with the 911. If I donā€™t have kids, I have that on my garage. lol

1 Like

Lol! Best autocorrect of the year?

The Giulia Q. is dominating in head to head comparos with the likes of M3, AMG C63 S, and the ATS-V. No doubt itā€™s a great carā€¦ but AFAIK they lease pretty poorly given limited availability, just arriving in the marketplace, and the generally high level of interest. Still, probably not as costly as the AMG GTS.

Financing a used car is such a different approach - seems like the OP was pretty keen on leasing new.

1 Like

I wish, OP will come back to the forum and let us know what happened. This thread is becoming a novel now. lol

1 Like

See we scared him away sounding all fatherly. We should ha e rooted for him to go get the car and send us pics. Some people dont want to hear criticism just approval. :grinning:

Here is the answer? [20 chars]

I think OP pooled his money with the person who wanted to pick up their C43 amg and now they have leased a Bentley for only 4988 a month. YOLO!!

1 Like

So Porche it is? LOL

I just thought if they had great lease options why notā€¦I am open to purchasing too and the more I shop around the more I think buying is a better way to go.

Haha NOOOO I want honest and fatherly opinions. Iā€™m trying to be able to still afford internet in the future and not be bankrupt LOL Its all about making the right decision.

1 Like

911 GT3, or the turbo. Buy or lease, youā€™ll never go wrong.

2 Likes

Update

So the lease option for the GTS has drastically changed. The deal was only good for the 2016 model which are done for this year. The 2017 lease options are horrible IMO

2017 AMG GT:
10k/36 $2100 and $4000 Down
*This is with a $6k Discount off MSRP

The Maserati lease changed as well, now it didnā€™t seem worth it for that price.

2017 Ghibli:
10k/36 $650 and $7000 Drive-off
*Didnā€™t bother negotiating because the dealers seemed retarded.

I did check out the Guila Q. Seems like they have no deals for that car right now! I am seriously considering other cars now. Either the new Panamera or X5 or maybe a Wrangler and build it up.

I will look into the 911s when I check out the Panamera next.

Heard they are hard to resell.

So you are selling a Porsche Cayman GT4 now?

1 Like

Yeah what a hard life. Trying to sell a porsche gt4 to get into amg gts!!

1 Like