Mercedes Benz GTS-AMG or Ghibli (Cali) NEW TO THIS!

OP you should be looking for a 20k or more discount on each car.

1 Like

No need. Trust fund money started flowing in.

1 Like

Considering the i8 is around the same MSRP as the GTS- the i8 can be leased between $1000-$1300 per month, $0 down- so yea- I’d second @Yinzer on aiming for that higher discount.

1 Like

I didn’t say add to lease. I said add to fractional car membership. Security deposits can be 30k or more.

1 Like

Probably going to buy a property first! LOL need a garage to park the beast. Thanks for all the input again. Love how much feedback this is attracting.

1 Like

I’d love to help you- but I’m more knowledgeable in the Orange County area. You should reach out to my dear friend if you decide to find a property in LA county.

1 Like

Get whichever vehicle makes you happy. You’re still young and should live a little. You can make sacrifices later on in life. Your income will increase in due time. YOLO but just don’t be stupid. If you don’t already have debt, you can get probably get whichever car you wanted and still be able to purchase/qualify for a nice home.

4 Likes

I believe a lot of folks (me included) believe that leasing a vehicle with a payment of $1,500ish and over $10k due at signing falls into the financially irresponsible category. Even if you’re making 6 figures, that’s a large portion of your income just for the payment. I encourage you to get something that’s a lot of fun, that you love, and that’s prestigious, but find a way to do that for a lot less money.

Smart financial choices when you’re younger snowball… don’t underestimate getting into good habits when you’re starting out (I’m 33, so this isn’t a MUCH older guy’s perspective). That doesnt mean making dramatic sacrifices. Just look at the vehicles you can get for $500-800 per month, and ask yourself if the GTS AMG is worth an extra $30k over 3 years. Even if you love the car and you CAN afford it, ask yourself if you SHOULD make that decision. As much as it’s painful to accept, your dad may have a point with his seal of approval…

I’d say go for the Ghibli, and consider getting a lower trim model like @Alex suggested . You’ll thank yourself later when you’re going over your finances. After a couple years, you can always decide to go bigger/more expensive. Plus, the deals on Ghiblis are pretty great – you’d have little trouble finding someone interested in taking over your lease if you change your mind before it’s up. Good luck with the decision – cheers!

2 Likes

Agreed. As I got older in my 20s I went from leasing cars $1,200-$1,400 a month = two cars in the $600 range.

That way I can get two nice cars instead of just one!

1 Like

YOLO and bankruptcies and repossessions come off your credit report in 7 years.

So better start when you are young. GTS AMG at 27, bankruptcy and repo at 29, your credit will be back to normal at 36. Perfect age for buying that Mc mansion of your dreams with 0 down.

2 Likes

@Airrose23 YOLO, if you’re a girl. Pick GTS-AMG and you will be undatable by 99.99999% lol. If you’re a dude, that’s a beast and girls will salivate. If you’re paying for it and planning to buy a house in 3 years, Don’t worry about it if you earn more than 160k a year. If your parenta paying for it. Way better!! Your age is the best to get a two seater before settling down! Go for it!! I would glad to find you the best deal. I’m from socal as well. Ghobli for me is like leasing an e-class and it’s very common here. For me, they’re like a daily driver car. The GTS-AMG, I always stare at them coz I rarely see them around.

1 Like

@jables04 @Phantomcypher @vhooloo @dotmike24 You guys are on point. I didn’t mind paying $1500 monthly for a lease in my 20s. Now that I’m in my 30s with a wife and kid, I wouldn’t even consider for a split second on dropping that kind of money on a lease.

Do I regret my decisions 10 years ago? Not one bit. I enjoyed every moment of it.
Did my decisions ruin me financially? No, but I could possible have more today if I invested that money 10 years ago. Investments are never a sure thing.
Purchasing the house of my dreams? 36 seems about the right age with 30% down :+1:

3 Likes

I bet you wish you could’ve put these money away for your kid’s college fund.

Yes. Along with all the $$ on bad investments I’ve made in the past 10 years.

On a serious note, my kid’s college fund will be fine. I started a college savings for him last year when he was born. Sold my 2011 turbo s. Deposited 90k into his college savings. If needed, I would have no problem eating ramen for years to come to make sure he’s comfortable. Sacrifices…

1 Like

Everyone has a different way of handling their finances, do what makes you happy. I used to have a coworker who has a beater all his life but he enjoys looking at his millions in bank/ investment account. He died happy and didn’t spend in any luxury. Rode the bus going to work everyday. Bring food everyday to work. For me he YOLO it, he had fun looking at his accounts. That’s his happiness. So every people is different. I will not judge of how people handle their happiness. Have fun guys, we’re a little offtopic here now. So yeah, post your numbers again and let’s disect your lease, let’s give airrose an amazing GTS-AMG deal!!

2 Likes

I second his. That’s what I have been telling folks on this forum.

Off topic, enjoy life. Do not overspend but you need to enjoy life. Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

Financial freedom doe👌

1 Like

And when you are old, will he be eating Ramen to make sure you have good medical care lol?

1 Like

The question is do you enjoy life better in a Ghibli or a benz GTS-AMG-OMG. That was the original question. Does OP enjoy a sports car better than a reasonably upscale sedan? Who is the sports car for, the driver or just so neighbors/friends/girls can be envious?

I test drove the i8 and X5 back to back and I would 200 times prefer the X5. The i8 turned more heads but has little comfort and practicality.

3 Likes