Mercedes Benz GLE 350: MB Finishing Touch Charge? & Key Replacement?

Your sheet doesn’t say that.

Final numbers (not the sheet in the photo)…the current MF was improved after 10MSDs

Did they remove the $1500 in add ons?

Was the mf buy rate?

Lots of people are selling their cars to Carmax, Carvana, etc.
My 2019 Mercedes Glc300 lease matures in October 2021.
I have always loved the Gle350, but I know that it does not compare to the Glc300 and does not lease “as well” (glc has better money factor).
If I can sell my Glc300 (have the lease bought out) and make the couple of thousand dollars EXTRA (left over after MB financial gets paid off), which will cover my DRIVE OFF for the new GLE350 lease- wouldn’t I be “ahead”?
I have to pay similar amount for Drive Off if I were to wait until the end of my current lease when I lease the new car later anyhow and it will be $2500 that I would not get if I sold my car now?
I feel like that extra $2500 can justify me paying the higher monthly payments on the new gle350 lease.

Covering your drive offs doesn’t matter if the lease itself still sucks. Don’t spend thousands to save hundreds.

1 Like

How much more is the S?

Agree with op. I used the same logic recently. It isn’t likely in a few months new car lease deal gets better while resale value stays as high. For anyone who is not mentally attached to their current lease, taking the equity from current lease at today’s hot used car market and taking the hit in paying market value for new car/replacement may be the best option. Especially if the new car fits your current need, an upgrade and make you happier.

I ended up keeping one lease and selling lease from another car since the math makes sense for one, but not the other. Everyone circumstances and price for happiness are different. Waiting for LH worthy car only works if you can easily afford to wait.

Sorry- I don’t understand your question: how much more is the S? What is “S”?

I’m guessing he means the GLS

If someone is able to get an additional $2500 (example) that they would not have when their current lease matures, that’s what gets me thinking…

MBUSA Incentives | MBCA Not sure it fits your timeline with the 30 day waiting period.

If he/she’s talking about the GLS, I don’t know (that’s not an option for me).
My current 2019 GLC300 has extra packages- MSRP was around $51,500.
I am looking into 2021 GLE350 with MSRP around $59,500.
With 10 MSDS- I roughly estimate paying $120-$125/month more for the GLE, then I’d pay for GLC.

Thanks @Mort the fine print says that the incentive expires on May 31, 2021.
I am discovering that the Mercedes dealers pick and choose if an incentive is “allowed” to be applied these days.
They might give you a certain discount, but they’ll take $1095 on the acquisition fee (usually $795).

When it comes to retail programs they’re pass throughs. There is no cost to the dealer. If you generate a control #, they key it in and get paid by MBUSA. As for the current program expiring, there will surely be another next month.

I was at a mercedes dealership recently- I said to the salesman “you’re giving me a discount from the msrp, do I get anything more such as a loyalty discount (since I already have MBFS lease)”? He replied, “No, the discount that I am giving you off of the MSRP would be our max.”

The MB acquisition fee has never been “usually $795”. Yes, that’s the amount pre-markup of the acquisition fee, but I have never seen a dealer not charge $1095. That isn’t a recent change.

1 Like

I just got a key replaced - it was 700$ (100 to program and 600 part). Locksmiths can’t do new Mercedes. First fob ever lost. It’s 900 if you loose the primary and has to be towed to the dealer.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.