Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 1

Amazing! So lucky! MSDs and No sales tax! Plus doesn’t NJ have additional rebates you can apply for?

not that i’m aware of. Same 3 incentives like any other.

EV, Affinity, EV conquest (which i dont qualify for)

Nah, no hall of fame here, Encino will always associate with one certain incident for me: took my car for service there last April when EQS was just released, went to the showroom floor and saw an EQS with a HUGE screw in the front tire. Told one of their sales guy who walked by me and he seemed petrified by it. Came back to pick up my car a couple of days later and screw was still there!

Sorry, I meant doesn’t the state offer additional rebates you can apply for after the fact?

And the panel gap looks terrible too🤭

2 Likes

not that i’m aware of. If i missed it i would be pounding…lol

He was petrified that you noticed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Looks like a Tesla :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

Edit: speaking of which, just came from a Tesla supercharger. Love or hate Elon and Tesla, the supercharger network is superb.

2 Likes

There is a NJ charge up rebate but EQS don’t qualify

Ship has sailed for March… best thing you can do is to hope for something similar in April or find a dealer/broker in the Marketplace with an acceptable offer (no unicorns).

It’s capped at $55k MSRP before destination.

1 Like

Someone needs to explain to me how a 30k discount on a 114k car, comes out to 860 a month at 24/7.5k on a 23 450+?

tldr;
18,750 discount
114k sticker 450+ sedan (non loaner, new)
11,500 rebates
24/7.5k miles
No MF markup (.00169)
No sales tax
1500 DAS (TT + ACQ) + 10MSD’s.

Did you plug into calculator?

Yeah, I kept getting low 600’s. I have no sales tax here as well.

Maybe he forgot no sales tax + msds? That adds up to about almost $180/per month by itself I think.

Did they run your credit yet?

Did you confirm that the rebates were NOT part of the discount?
And that the MF was not marked up?

Are they using your zip code?

No credit run.
Using my zip code (although I’ve checked with my local dealer and the deals are the same here in my zip code regarding residual and MF).
No markup on MF, verbally told me 0.00169 with MSD’s.

This is also from the GM himself, not a sales guy either so thats why im a bit confused. Word for word said “basically 30k off the car”

Well, bad news is if they didn’t run your credit, you’re not getting this months rates/ incentives

Good news is, they may be screwing you somehow, I’m guessing discount is factoring in all or some part of rebates or they’re jacking up money factor

Possible bright side, maybe be some sort of oversight and they honor 30k discount and things look brighter next month

We’ll see tomorrow.

If I go on their site and let myself submit a credit app and forward it to them does that still count for this month?

I know when I leased BMW’s, you just go fill out a credit app off BMWUSA.com and send it to the dealership in question, can I do the same thing with Mercedes?

Kind of as a backup plan?

It might….but not worth the risk because something smells fishy?

1 Like

I had a very similar issue and ended up walking away from the deal. The contract noted only $9k in rebates instead of $12.5k