Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 1

Probably a good thing none of the dealers indulged my lowball offers on eqs’s and eqes. I feel like its something id have fun with for like a month then id get bored

Naaa eqs AMG. SL63 is garbage. I went to go see it at local store. Told me not to buy one. So many issues with them

Holy shit look at this depreciation.

Offer them $50.00 for the SL63

1 Like

buys Mercedes SL
“Whoa no one told me about the depreciation”

:face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

180k to 120k is not even that bad. Wait till you hear of the people who bought eqs at msrp + 50k dealership blessing with car worth less than 80k in a year.

1 Like

OK, now I feel somewhere between dumbstruck and dumbfounded… Took my car in for that pillow update (that possibly failed per today’s notification on the screen, conversation with the shop foreman tomorrow) and asked for tire rotation and measurements while at it. Was at 4,3xx miles at drop off and expected to be at about 7/32+ all around. The dealer came back with 4-5/32 rears and 6/32 fronts. Well, they were off a bit and incorrectly converted mm to inches.

Still, these tires are much worse off then expected and probably won’t last more than 1500+/- miles at this rate. And these are all season grand touring Turanzas LS100, not performance summer tires. Wear is perfectly even so alignment is not an issue. The rears are a bit more worn which is expected on a RWD sedan. Never had tires last less than 25K miles. For comparison, I also have a RWD CLS550 that has exactly 20K on it’s current tires and those are at about 5/32. CLS is much easier to chirp the tires. Otherwise, same driver, same roads, same all.

The dealer tells me that they replace a lot of EQ tires at 8-10K miles which sounds ridiculous, especially for non-performance rubber. Info found on MB forums doesn’t seem to support that claim but numbers are all over the place.

Lastly, just ran into a guy with an EQE sedan while at EA. Noticed that his tires were visually getting close to the wear bars. He told me that he’s got about 23-24K on those and they’re original Turanzas as well, just not the same model as mine and his possibly weren’t run flats though. So, there’s a hope for some, lol!

What’s everybody’s experience with the tire wear? Didn’t anticipate having to replace tires on the 15K lease, much less doing it twice or three times. Will ask MBZ for a goodwill set that will hopefully last 10K. Then I can put the current ones in storage and slap them back on at return time.

Checked your tires lately? Where are you at now on tread/miles? I’m shocked how bad they are!!!

Have Goodyear Eagle Touring run flats on 450+ SUV. 10.5 month in, 10K miles. 6/32 front, 7/32 rear, rotated them at 8K miles. They were 9/32 new.

450+ Sedan came with Goodyear Eagle F1 8/32 new.

Expecting that both will need “new tires” for lease return.

Legit question … if new tires usually have 8/32 tread, how do people get 20k miles on their tires?

My all season runflats on this 450 4Matic are at 6/32 after 5k miles. There’s a chance I won’t even be at the minimum tread 4/32 mark after a short-ass 13 month lease lololol.

Does it mean Amex has 12000 for 2023 model this month? Besides, the discount for EQE is much better as well.

It seems huge.

Edit: 11000 for 450 and 12000 for 580

The difference in upfront price between the last dealer I dealt with and I on an EQS was about $3-4k, so this would have bridged that gap lol.

I believe most start at 10/32.

That’s taking away a lot of cushion! Could you please link your exact tire at Tire Rack?

The question is how much of it is the dealer cash.

I’m at 17k miles and all 4 need replaced according to my shop visit. I opted to rotate the rears to the front and try to make it through the summer before replacing. If I do it now, I’ll end up replacing again before I return the lease.

This is only site I could find the exact MO tire: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 (MO) 255/45R20 105W XL Tire

It says 8/32 which is what I measured on new car.

Tire rack seems to say the same, but non-MO

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+F1+Asymmetric+5+(M%2BS)&isSEO=true

if they are the OE, id say swap them for new ones that aren’t OE then swap back before turn in.

Pretty sure they don’t have to be OE for return. I’ve had luck with “similar” tires for BMW returns. For my 10 month old SUV, tires are already discontinued, so I wouldn’t be able to get exact match anyway.

@Alex1438 , you need to take the rubber off your not-working EQS so you can swap with other LH members who need new rubber. Give the lemon 0/32 tread tires.

7 Likes

The used sets of OE on eBay aren’t very expensive from what I’ve seen.

I volunteer as tribute for this service.