Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread

Yes it is.

It is going to be near to impossible to get that discount on a new 2023 unit. If you are lucky enough to find a leftover 2022 loaner, I would be surprised if you even get close to 20% off MSRP.

Anything over 15% off MSRP + base MF + applicable incentives on a new vehicle is more realistic.

Good luck.

1 Like

I went to a dealer in Orlando the other day and got quoted $2,490 a month with $4k DAS, LOL

They wouldn’t even entertain discounts and they acted like they didn’t know about the other incentives (affinity and current EV), AND they wanted MSRP. They had a bunch the other day but told me employees started buying them, could be true, could be BS.

Working with someone on the forums on a potential deal and also considering a GC 4xe Overland for $640 with $3k DAS. Thinking that could be a flip in a couple of months.

Ok Hackrs! Need some advice…

I have a great deal that I am satisfied with in terms of residual, fees and MSRP. The Dealer is insisting that the buyrate on a 13/7.5k is .00350 and I had previously agreed to the seemingly standard 40bps markup, the dealer says the resulting MF is therefore .00390. It is my position that the buy rate is .00300 resulting in a MF of .00340. That 50 bps is probably $100 monthly payment difference. I am looking to the Hackrs as to how I can convince the sales person/sales manager to re-verify (or if I can do it somehow and show it to them). At .00340 I am happy with the deal. HELP!

Plenty of dealers doing buy rate
Go find another dealer
This dealer can F themselves
Don’t sign this man

2 Likes

There are actual dealers here beating that deal. Nobody from LH is gonna school them if they don’t want to give you the rate.

1 Like

Yeah, Orlando of Maitland and North and South would not entertain anything. I know this because our GM is worked as GSM in Maitland.

For 13 months there is a mandatory mark up of 50 pts from MBFS themselves depending on the tier you’re approved at. So if it’s .00300 it’ll be .00350.

1 Like

@paletz - At the end of the day, you should know your numbers. You should plug in all your numbers into the calculator with the discount off MSRP you are aiming for, base MF and applicable incentives you qualify for. Let’s say for argument sake your monthly comes up to $750 with fees due at signing. Using that info, make an offer to dealers. If a dealer can meet your monthly with a marked up MF, it should not matter.

I understand that it is not the case here, so move on from this dealer as others have said.

3 Likes

Guys what is one option or feature that made you love the car ?

Drive assist package ?
Insulated glass?
Massage chairs ?

Does the air energizer plus package include the fragrance option ?

I forgot the others lol

1 Like

Definitely massage, but seemed weak

Is there a maximum markup that is permitted? That’s helpful information, perhaps they aren’t pricing me at Tier 1. They haven’t pulled credit yet.

Because 0.00300 is not subvented, they can quote however number they want. Max on subvented is 0.0004.

1 Like

There is a Mandatory? I am at 0.00340.

The fragrance us pretty damn legit

2 Likes

if you’re at 270 tier a1 then sure… buy rate on 13 months is 320 so 340 would still be marked up 20 base pts.

I believe maximum mark up is 150 on 13 months… MBFS has not told us there is a mark up cap on the 13 month term. Regardless a 40 pt mark up on 13 months does not make dealership much.

But there is a mandatory mark up? I hadn’t heard of the mandatory

yes, for 13 months its required to add 50 pts to tier you are approved at. Mandatory, you can check with senior rep for your dealer.

I did check with the regional rep. There isn’t one. If what you are telling me is true, I did few 13 month leases that way and they all funded. So, there isn’t one.