Mercedes Benz EQS Lease Superthread - 1

Pretty standard. Acquisition fee is typically marked up to $1095 and the rest seem to be right on par.

Anyone know if you can do a one pay on 13 month leases?

1 Like

You cannot. MSDs are also not allowed.

3 Likes

Thanks, yes and confirmed. For the 450 SUV 13 mo is 76%.
Cap cost on the sheet is $100 above residual, so I think I’ve maxed out that piece. MF is marked up so might try to work that.

On a 24, it would be 66% RV, making it ~$100/mo. more in this scenario.
This would be my 2nd EQS SUV deal. First was ok (~15% pre incent + mark up MF), but hassle-free so I’m good with it.

whats the max discount before hitting the residual 14%?

It prob depends on the dealer fees, taxes etc and whether they are rolled into cap cost. ~14% sounds about right for around here.

Correct, around 13-14% is the pre-incentive discount bc of the floor. Only room for negotiation in these cases are the MF which they mark up.

Any idea what the RV is with 10k miles? Trying to see if it’s possible to get the cap cost lower and the discount higher to get a little more value out of the deal. Another option is to get the tire/ wheel protection added to cap cost (and offset by a larger discount?

Im LOLing as I did the same…I wanted to chase a 13 mo/15k lease for the exact same reasons you just mentioned. But, I dont know what the RV change is for the 15k (or anything other than 7.5k) on the 13 mo.

1 Like

I can’t get it to pencil out. Comes out to upper 700s low 800s on a 110-115k MSRP. Not worth it for me (it would be a second SUV for me). I’m going to continue to hold out for a deal on the IX.

@IAC had IXs in $800 range and that’s a better car.

Yeah I saw that one. Hopefully a sign for more to come.

On the 13 mo…same formula applies as the other terms.

With the base being 15k miles----

7.5k is +4%, 10k is +3%, 12k is +2%.

1 Like

I mean zero disrespect to you EQS hackrs, so please don’t take this the wrong way: Can y’all who are going for 7.5k miles in a year explain the motive of having a car you can barely drive? I get that it’s a six-figure car for a relatively low payment, but you can only drive it 20 miles a day, plus insurance on said six-figure car. Do y’all plan to just buy thousands of miles at the end of the lease or will you really just barely drive it for the duration?

…or are you all planning to flip or dump this before the lease ends (when you hit mileage limit?)?

1 Like

But that’s a sub-$100k car and not a jelly belly. :slight_smile:

Pay the overage at the end, but you’re right - need to account for that in the overall value of the deal.

1 Like
  1. Many people here have serious issues (finger pointing at self) and have more cars than drivers. So, true mileage available may be 2x what any particular lease is.

2. In many case (this is one) the cost to buy miles after the fact is very close to what it costs to buy them up front via RV reduction…so many folks feel its smarter to buy them down the line IF needed. There is also (sometimes) a pull ahead program, etc that comes into play and if one has pre-paid for the miles they wont benefit.

7 Likes

So does anyone have a hook up on a super amazing deal on the EQS sedan? :slight_smile:

If you are in CA, @oarfish18 has some.

Why do you think IX is a better car? (Just curious)
For sure is uglier :slight_smile:

1 Like