Mercedes-Benz EQS 450+ for $575+tax

Not really. I mentioned it’s 70k wholesale and dipping, and that I noticed there were a bunch of these on every dealer’s lot. And that the residual was raised from 55% to 66% by Mercedes, along with up to $10k in rebates.

They said honestly it has been tough selling these, and that they’re willing to play. Got them down to 20% off, 2k driveoffs total, 24 months @ 10k/yr and $7500 rebate. When I asked for the other $2500, they said look we think this is more than fair. And if you have another dealer sheet or contract that indicates there are better deals out there, to just give it to us and then we can match it.

It’s also a 2023 new, not a loaner or 2022. Just looking for something to get me lower so I can get it and move on with my life lol.

5 Likes

23s have higher MF. Would add almost $100 a month to your payment. Im surprised you got 20% off in this market. I have not seen any dealer play ball even with 2022s with 20% off

The latest 450 were pushed out incomplete… Like the massive 46" screen, they’re not even offering that as an option when you spec it out anymore. & the self closing/opening doors are no longer a feature. All due to the chip shortage. Barely any 450s have the heads up display, etc etc. For its segment, it’s missing a lot of features.

For the high volume/huge dealerships, they’re willing to let them go rather than being stuck with 100 of them and losing 30-40% at wholesale. And with the uncertainty with the economy it’s not worth the risk. Just need SOMETHING to push me a little closer lol.

1 Like

Do you need this now? We are in March and they are already at 20% off for 2023. There is definitely more meat on this bone.

1 Like

Let’s just say I have my own business, and the more time I spend browsing deals I’m most definitely losing more value than I’m saving. It’s just hard to not fight for the absolute best deal, so I’m giving myself 2 days to get the number down as much as possible.

4 Likes

All I’ll say is don’t get greedy. If this truly 20% pre-incentive that’s what @Kellstar got on a 2022 loaner! For a New 2023 I would be ecstatic.

3 Likes

Most dealers include the 2500 in the discount and not in the incentive.

1 Like

:+1: Very close… if they get to a/your number, does it matter how they get there? The dealer will have ways of finagling things especially on the backend. If you know your numbers, and they say yes to it, let them figure out the paperwork :slight_smile:

A long time ago, I bought a new Honda S2000. We agreed on the selling price (thousands below MSRP), and then I dropped a trade-in. On paper, the S2000 was sold at full MSRP but my trade was way overstated (ex., agreed trade was $15k, but in the contract was $20k). Saved me quite a bit on taxes back then and our numbers came out :+1: let them work it, as long as it’s not to your detriment.

The problem now is everyone wants that unicorn :rofl:
They are called unicorns for a reason :joy:
If you buyers can get to a number they’re happy with, take it and run.

2 Likes

IMO 20+ % pre-incentive on '23 sedans should be doable by end of month. Wouldn’t even be surprised to see an SUV or two creep up there based on where numbers are now, barely halfway through.

Thank you for saying this! I feel like everyone now thinks they should be getting this car for $500 or less! The dealer agreed to the number that I wanted and I signed the paper. The longer you wait the more leverage you lose. You have to remember there are atleast 10 other LHers calling for the same car!

Agreed but normally doesn’t work at first or even second round. Ask for $500 a month deal on a 100k car, and they will stop responding to you. One dealer even told me I dont want your business, lol.

1 Like

Thats wat I am worried about, lol. I have almost a deal in place, but I need to get a good price to sell at my other car, Now they are harassing me that other people from “los angeles” are calling about this car, … stay in your market guys…

Using the same tactics, I am pushing for a similar discount on a new 2022 EQS580 at a dealer that I had purchased from before. If this car doesn’t work, I will revisit some of the dealers that are currently in the 12-13% discount range at the end of the month and then just keep an eye on for the leftover 22s as long as there is lease support on them. Pretty convinced that the 2023 MY cars will end up in a similar situation down the road and honestly I would much prefer to lease a 450 awd SUV than a rwd sedan. So maybe it will be a blessing in disguise if I miss out on the MY22 fest and I am certainly in for the long haul…

1 Like

feels game of thrones GIF

2 Likes

For those who may reach out to MB of Virginia Beach about their 3 remaining 2022 EQS’s, or 24 2023’s, please note that they still have a 10% markUP .

6 Likes

Lol yeah VA Beach dealer was worthless

Girl Reaction GIF by Victoria's Secret PINK

1 Like

We must be negotiating on the same cars. I hope they get stuck with them :joy:

1 Like

it’s time to team up

There are plenty of dealers like that, atleast to me:
Valencia: 3%
LA: 0 %
Ontario: 0%
Beverly Hills; 0%