Mercedes Benz deal flagged?

I recently was negotiating a 2021 AMG GT43, with a Mercedes Benz dealership in NY and they informed me originally they would be able to ship it. Now I am being told “it has been flagged by compliance” and the car cannot be shipped due to this and must be picked up in person. I asked the sales rep, but they informed me they do not know why this was flagged and that they were advised by higher management that the vehicle needs to be picked up in person. Has anyone ever experienced this or know why this could’ve been flagged?

Bait and switch?

Something in the process spooked them on getting scammed. It’s happened before, so they’re probably doing some CYA on their store. I’ve talked to sales managers that have been fleeced by out of state buyers, and they’ll no longer handle a deal without someone signing in person. Dealer’s business = Dealer’s rules. If you want it, you’ll have to play by them.

They fear you may be a straw buyer or going to ship it out of the country.

3 Likes

Sucks they were going to cover shipping…last thing I want to do was drive there and drive the car back to my location.

sign through notary and ship yourself?

Offer to fly & sign if they still cover the shipping?

1 Like

So do you guys think they will still ship it if I sign in person? Or is that asking for too much?

Why don’t you just call and ask them instead of speculating?

6 Likes

Good point. Thanks everyone.

What’s a straw buyer?

@Elpampano someone acting on behalf of another person, a criminal, illegal, etc