Mercedes B Service - Recommended vs Requited

I’m due for the B service on my 2017 E300 ($381 a month thanks to you fine folks), and called the two local dealers we have here in Nashville. One dealer quoted me $595 and the other said that they’re moving away from the A and B service schedule, getting more into what’s required and what’s recommended. He said that only an oil and filter change is technically required and that while he would recommend the other stuff, it technically is only recommended.

I’ve searched the internet and can’t find much. On here, I know there’s been discussion about whether you have to get the service done at an MB dealer or not, and the consensus seems to be that you do not.

Any there any MB dealers out there or anyone who has been through something similar? I don’t want to get “fined” at the end of the lease but would also prefer to pay $100 instead of $600. What would you guys recommend?

Thanks.

Go to a competent local independent shop. Our Benz goes to our local guys who is excellent. He is more than capable of doing an oil change, brake fluid flush, and filters (I usually do the filters myself). It’s insane to pay Mercedes service prices. Especially for a leased car. You don’t have to service at dealership with a lease, just save all receipts.

2 Likes