Mercedes 2020 GLE 350

Hello everybody - I recently found this amazing forum and have been go thru’ various posts - very informative… still trying learn.

Anyway, trying to lease 2020 GLE 350 - have got the following offer from a dealer.

MSRP - 62800
48 months / 12k
Discount (manufacture + dealer): 10%
Selling Price: $56520
Residual: 48%
MF: 0.00131
MSD: 10 ($7500)
Down: $3000
Monthly Lease (with tax): $575
Lease Calculator Score: 8.6

Is this a good deal? What can I negotiate on?

One more question: Any drawbacks of going with 48 months lease as opposed to 36 months lease?

~Thanks

Quite a few. Namely you end up taking on a lot more maintenance costs(tires, brakes, etc) and you risk going out of warranty if you go over miles at all.

Most larger SUVs that I have leased recently have been going through tires at 25-30k miles. So a standard 36k mile lease I am now budgeting tires for on 2 ton + SUVs.

For sure check the maintenance schedule and see if you’re going to encounter an additional pricey “B” (or even more involved) service. If yes, the “savings” of going 48 months can quickly be consumed. Even more applicable if you’d encounter a set of tires between months 37 and 48. You could easily be looking at $2k between the two, if you go to dealer for service and don’t shop around for tires.

Those 48 month terms look okay, but we all tend to get itchy feet and then thought of paying for tires and a big service a couple months before grounding can make a person try to escape a lease early, and that’s usually financially unwise.

Just go in aware, is what I’m saying in a long-winded way.

:bat:

Edit: typos. Need less :beer:

1 Like

Drinking and lease hacking on a Friday night is THE BEST :beers:

4 Likes

When you put it that way I kinda feel lame haha. Oh well, watching Paw Patrol with the kiddo. It really doesn’t get much better!

Cheers, Hackrs

:bat:

1 Like

Doesnt look bad. Where are you located?

Thanks for all your advice. Switched to 36 months… With 15k miles which I needed to be in my comfort zone. Lease with tax stays at $575. I thought this a a great deal, since no other dealer was coming below 650. This is in NJ.

MSRP - 62800
36 months / 15k
Discount (manufacture + dealer): 10%
Selling Price: $56520
Residual: ?
MF: ?
MSD: 10 ($7500)
Down: $3000
Monthly Lease (with tax): $575

Thats a good deal actually. Enjoy it.

Isn’t your payment effectively closer to 658 if you remove your 3k downpayment? Either way, still a solid deal

Try to negotiate the selling price with 15% discount instead of 10%
And try to get free prepaid maintenance .

Waiting till December 31 may make this possible

15% plus prepaid maintenance? Now that would be a great deal. Just from what I seen highly difficult or maybe even possible.

Tried prepaid maintenance - no dice. I think I could have negotiated on discount little more, but wanted to get the car before this week end.

Today, I went the MB dealership where I bought my last car in 2018 and they are unable to offer more than 10% discount on 2020 GLE 450 MSRP $72000 .
I believe you already got the best.

Thanks
Doss

Hello! Can you please share the information on the dealership you got yours GLE 350?
I’m looking for one, but prices in NY and NJ are way higher than you mentioned.
Thank you in advance,
Lenny .

Unless there is a substantial monthly payment savings with the residual/additional months on 48 vs 36, I would stick with lower 36 term. Get to hack your next lease sooner :slight_smile: Also as other mentioned you are risking more liability for maintenance, wear & tear items, etc.

Sorry, was on vacation. Got it from MB of Flemington. Good luck and share what you ended up getting.