MDX 2020 lease deals?

In #marketplace:northeast #NewJersey.

Been seeing a lot of inventory of 2020 MDXs remaining in many dealer websites, but not a lot of enticing deals. Probably because lease cash ran out. Not sure if Acura will be releasing more incentives but what are everyone’s thoughts? I’m looking to lease either the 2020 base or tech model, but don’t really like the numbers I’m currently seeing when compared to Dec 2020 (when no down / low-300s were available for base models). I’m not in a rush to lease (currently a proud owner of the RDX), but looking for opportunities given the 2022 release.

What has changed in the lease programs since December to drive the price up?

A crystal ball is about as useful as everyone’s thoughts. Nobody has a clue

I’m pretty confident that 2020 prices are going come down. There are just too many left unsold with the new models arriving everyday.

What we need a crystal ball to know is how they will lease. Acura may not offer much in the way of lease support, preferring instead to move the old generation off the lots via finance incentives.

I actually agree that this is likely going to be the case as witnessed by the removal of lease cash that was available till Dec 2020. If Acura was willing to remove such incentive a full month earlier than when the new model was expected to come out, it probably was intentional, i.e., Acura’s preference would be to clear inventory by way of sale. This may also be driven by potential additional discount on residual of what will now be a “previous” generation at the end of the lease for 2020 models. Since my preference would be to lease, was just wondering if others were deducing any such similar conclusion as the one I’ve been unfortunately arriving at after closely monitoring the price trend in the past 3-4 months. I plan on waiting it out till April or so and if there’s still no movement then I may just opt for a different manufacturer.

lease support on them is going to run at least through april. there are a) too many on the lots, b) absolutely no 2022s with limited supply. OP isn’t fully right. The numbers remained basically the same from December. Maybe they moved 5-10 bucks for Jan/Feb.

I think I may have seen low to mid/300s on the base model while browsing during December, but maybe I’m delusional lol. I sent you a PM btw.

Acura didn’t substantially change the lease costs, they just stopped offering the large incentive/high mf program. The lower incentive/lower mf program continued. It really only made a difference if your plan was to lease and immediately buy the lease out.

Frankly, it never really made much sense for them to offer two different programs that gave the same lease cost output anyway.

it was never in the low 300s.

yes i saw your PM. it literally said “i’m not in a rush, but keep me posted”. I’m not sure what i’m supposed to do with that?

1 Like

I guess a confirmation would have sufficed. No need to be passive aggressive.

I may have interpreted the following posting as being in the low-300s after adjusting to 7.5k miles for a base model ($328):

that’s not passive aggressive. i get dozens of messages on a daily basis. i reply to what’s actionable. learned my lesson from the 70 message chains where the guy ghosts you at the end over the past several years.

1 Like

Fair enough.

Once again a crystal ball thread turns out to be a waste of everyone’s time. The icing on the cake was all the crying over the mirage of spilt milk (delusions of how good December programs were) while texting brokers to “keep me posted” despite obviously not being ready to pull the trigger.

Your guess is as good as anyone else’s.

1 Like