MB GLS450 LEASE DEAL - Can I do better?

I do not agree with this assessment. A dealer stating they “do not do MSDs” may be an internal policy, but there is no reason to think that MBFS picks and chooses which dealers can write lease contracts that include MSDs. It is far more likely that the dealership doesn’t want to bother with it.

What assessment? It was more of a question whether MB Financial gives dealers much more flexibility on MSD and fewer incentives to offer it, if any.

Does this not qualify as an assessment?[quote=“Ursus, post:20, topic:13192”]
There must be some kind of arrangement between dealers and Mercedes Benz Financial that is different from BMW, for example.
[/quote]

I called and spoke to someone at the 800 number for MB Financial who said that they were aware of the MSD but that it was a dealership offering not MBFS and not all dealers do it. Maybe she was just blowing smoke up my @ss but she was very helpful and took time to answer some other questions.

If that was the case than how does MBFS drop your MF by .00010 for auto pay? They are the ones who offer the program not the dealers. I think I would look for another dealer.

edit; was thinking just about MF not MSD’s. Regardless I know MBFS sets the MF. Edmunds will tell you what it is for what vehicle if put out by the manufacturer for each month.

You need a question mark on the end to see it as not an assesment?

Just a guess (not assessment - for Jason B): one leasing company tells their dealers that they must offer MSD if customer requests it, another leaves it completely up to dealers.

Yes, it wasn’t a question. If you want to be snippy, at least be correct.

Ok, I can see how someone can see it as an assesment while my intention was for all to see it as an open-ended question. See?

Yes, you can do better. MF is set by dealer, but walk out of the dealer if they try marking up the MF or won’t accept autopay… Initially most MB dealers do that, just let them know you’re not buying that nonsense.

For reference, just leased an ordered GLS450.
MSRP: 84370 (including pre-paid maint.)
Discount: 9%
RV: 57%
MF.: 0.00061 (w/ autopay)
MSD: 8 @$950/MSD (Final MF: .00005)
Due @ Signing: $2700 (inceptions only)
Monthly: $850 w/ 7% tax
…I left about $1000 on the truck in hindsight, but that’s the drawback when you order. Can’t negotiate very hard…

If you want wait a few more months before the '18 start rolling out to get a deeper discount…

Agree. We got 10% off at the end of October. The problem here in CA is they get very few of these vehicles because few people need AWD except for us skiers. So the dealers want a big markup as compared to the high volume low profit C300.