MB C43 AMG Cabriolet with 6k miles

Deals currently available, get the quotes late this week.

But I actually missed they’re 2020 models vs 2021. I tried getting the MF off of Edmunds but ppl say there are no official lease programs anymore so no MF / residual value quotes. Assume the dealer has some other bank financing it rather than MBFS?

Actually just received the invoice for it showing a higher MSRP than the website LISTED. Used the invoice MSRP without destination fees for the calculations.

Used the same MF as the C43 cab as a placeholder. Still not a “good score” though, assuming based on low residual (comes directly from dealer) :

Thanks Jeff!!!

Appreciate your insights, especially given your experience going above and beyond with fixing the calculator.

If you don’t mind me asking, which dealership have you worked with? Read that MB doesn’t lease well in America, so i am assuming what can be considered “good” is different in the MB universe plus the added factor of the shortage. Do you remember your leasescore and when you got it? Looking at other C43 bodies and it seems to be consistently MSRP or if that slightly below.

Probably. That would explain the horrifying residual. I don’t the convertible was ever going to be a “good” lease, but a residual that low probably cannot be overcome…

I mean this with all respect, this is painful to read. This is the worst time in history to lease, you are shopping for something that leases like a Tanya Harding knee-massage in the best of times, and you’re stepping over hundreds to pickup dimes.

PLEASE hire a broker or find a dealer here (ship it across the US if you need to) to get you the best possible deal if this is the car you must have, now, at the worst possible time to buy or lease one.

You need one with your the lowest MSRP you will accept (recognizing that MSRP and good lease are not always correlated, your C43 can’t be stuffed with extra options you don’t need) because while you are only paying the depreciation (and rent and tax), you are getting no dealer discount. You need to understand what levers to pull to make this tolerable (vs this hardest of hard passes).

If you sign any variation of this lease on this car, not only will it be a poor value, you are going to have a negative impression of leasing forever.

Pick a different car, or hire an expert to get you a deal that doesn’t feel like a mugging. Or take $1000 out of your bank and hand it to a stranger if that will relieve the pressure. Walk away from this.

4 Likes

GIF by Clevver

4 Likes

I applaud everyone’s creativity in this crazy car-buying summer of 2021: BUT the only blood coming out of this stone is OPs, not MBs.

3 Likes

Those were the 2020 C300 sedans, but the cab is still low residual

Tried getting a broker, because of the times and this being the first time. Talked to three different ones and all of them were only able to quote at MSRP for C43s. I definitely understand that it’s not time for a good deal, never claimed it would be. Trying to figure out what a realistic deal is for the next 3 years until things return to more normal times.

Don’t do that. Placeholder values, particularly when they aren’t anywhere in the realm of related (as a 21 sedan mf through mbfs wouldn’t have any relationship at all to a 3rd party bank 2020 convertible mf) just means your calculator isn’t even worth looking at. Garbage in gives garbage out. You can’t randomly substitute critical details and then try to glean any information from the calculator output.

2 Likes

Hard to say b/c I don’t think there are many comparables. MSRP may be reasonable, in which case you might as well go w/ a new 2021 rather than on one that has lost lease support (since MF and RV might be much worse from an outside bank).

I’m also under the impression that you are mixing variables from diff years and models. That renders any calculations completely useless.

1 Like

Have you looked at the non-AMG version? Other convertibles?

It’s too much for a non 63 Amg. Have you checked M4 lease takeovers? Do you like the new 4 series front?

Remember the new C class is about to come.

1 Like

4 banger and all.

Holy cow I don’t know C43 can go almost $80k… It just won’t lease good at this point objectively (in my book) for what it is

1 Like

Would you pay $1,134 for a loaner with a V6?

No I would not.

People about to be paying 1k+ when the new c63 4 cylinder comes out

Yeah probably around $1500s.

Pretty upset bc I wanted a C63 after my lease expired. But I’m not paying $800+ for a 4 banger.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.