MB 3 month pull ahead

I have a 2019 GLC 350e with 5 months left and 16k under contracted mileage due to covid.

I have checked vroom, carmax, carvana, webuyanycars, etc. $5K negative equity.

Anyways, I was thinking about doing a 3 month pull ahead with an interest in a GLE 350.

Does the negative equity and the fact that it is not a popular used car model going to prevent a dealer from wanting to do a pull ahead with a decent deal for this car?

I guess the other option is to return at lease end if the pull ahead doesn’t make any sense financially.

Thx!

Pull ahead has nothing to do with the dealer. MBFS will gladly waive 3 of your remaining 5 payments if you were to get into another MB. But you will still be liable for the remaining 2 payments. I would advise you to see if any dealer might be willing to buy you out of your lease since there is a strong demand for used cars across the board. They did a full payoff on our 2019 S Class even though we were seemingly $2k-$5k under when I looked into Carvana and Vroom.

Assuming this is an official MB pull ahead, any potential negative equity or the fact that it’s “not popular” is completely irrelevant (assuming you do this with 3 months or less remaining).

If you work a deal on a new MB, you can turn your car in early, MBFS will end that contract, and the dealer will most likely send the car to auction (or buy it from MBFS and sell it).

In most all cases the dealer will be thrilled to do this as the pull ahead means you are leasing a new car from them now, rather than later.

1 Like

exactly what i needed to know.

this last one was an out of state deal, so if i buy out of state again then i would have to drive or deliver the vehicle to the dealer where i will purchase, correct?

also, will mbfs assess damages if there any just like a regular turn in? i assume if dealer buys it out then probably not, but if it goes to auction via mbfs then it would, correct?

thx!

Forget about 3 months pull ahead. The deals during the shortage will probably drive you to extend the lease by 6 months instead.

1 Like

does mb allow 6 mo extensions?

Everyone is constantly changing policies. They allowed it few years ago. Doesn’t hurt to ask MBFS. Please report back with updates

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.